PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

At their level the period of notice to quit can be 6 months and more, the gardening leave is to keep them away from their current employers daily work as they (City in this case) are still contractually bound to pay him whatever is in the contract. He's obviously not supposed to start any work for whoever he's going to but given Scruffy Jim's comments about having had a grown up conversation with City then I can't see City complaining. City always seem to act with the utmost good faith to everybody, which makes some of the PL's charges amusing.
Agree
But are City paying him not to work and he is personally I would be pissd off

Well I would have thought they would have been sent to our most venomous critics but they appear to be continuing unabated.
Being our most venomous critic is not the legal test though. It’s whether it’s untrue and defamatory - and from a practical point of view worth the mither. It’s why I (erroneously it seems) thought Goldbridge might have had one. Because he’s said things that are defamatory (imo) and he has a huge profile.

But just because he hasn’t had one doesn’t mean others haven’t. It’s ultimately a judgement call for the club based on a number of factors, but do I think it’s perfectly plausible some types of warning have been sent - yes I do.

I think they will have been issued against the backdrop of legal advice counselling extreme caution, yes.

I don’t necessarily think they were issued in the knowledge they were doomed to fail, but that they were objectively very likely to, given what is being alleged, and how hard that it to prove, especially viewed through the prism of no discernible probative evidence in the public domain.

I think they were issued on a speculative basis in the hope that they would reveal something. That is never a solid basis upon which to litigate.

So flawed from the outset. And wholly unnecessary, given the outcome of CAS.

And charges that inevitably cast a huge spotlight upon themselves, which unleashed media forces that cannot be contained and caused those charges to become the main talking point of the league as a whole.

Charges that have hugely damaged the PL brand and undermined the credibility of enforcement of its rules against other clubs

Where there has been no palpable progress of the matter in sixteen months.

Against the backdrop of the foregoing, all of which suitably demonstrates the egregiously poor judgement of the key decision makers in the PL, can I believe those decision makers are likely to have ignored warnings to be cautious by their legal advisors?

Yes, I absolutely fucking can.
It has been mentioned on numerous occasions that it is not possible for City to move the case into the realm of the civil courts system. For rexample, to appeal any negative decisions made by the Panel. However, the slow turgid and seemingly disorientated nature of the proceedings of itself must surely indicate a fundamental flaw which damages the clubs rights in law. At this stage surely we must be close to being able to seek, if desired, a full judicial review of the manner in which this process has been investigated and prosecuted by the PL?

It has been mentioned on numerous occasions that it is not possible for City to move the case into the realm of the civil courts system. For rexample, to appeal any negative decisions made by the Panel. However, the slow turgid and seemingly disorientated nature of the proceedings of itself must surely indicate a fundamental flaw which damages the clubs rights in law. At this stage surely we must be close to being able to seek, if desired, a full judicial review of the manner in which this process has been investigated and prosecuted by the PL?
JR is not an option because the PL aren’t a public body, they are a private commercial organisation. I’m pretty sure you can only JR an entity that derives its power from legislation. If its powers are founded contractually, as with the PL, then that body is not subject to judicial review.

Wasn’t it Khaldoon who told the redshirts not to blame City for their failure?
So many of the mancheaty brigade really have no idea just how badly clubs have been run in the past, and many, eg the rags, still are run like a sweet shop. City come along, manage the thing like a proper company and bingo, we win so we must be cheating.
Can somebody put that video up of Ed Woodward going into the sweet shop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.