PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

NO EVIDENCE. That was the formal verdict at CAS, the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

NO EVIDENCE means exactly that, NO EVIDENCE. It does not mean that there was lots of evidence and just not enough to convict or that there was a little bit of evidence but nothing near enough to convict. NO EVIDENCE quite clearly means NO EVIDENCE, nil, nada, nothing.

CAS quite categorically stated that there was NO EVIDENCE a number of times(I think it was ten times) and in fact our fine, in a nutshell was for wasting time of the court, as they believed that, had we presented our “Irrefutable evidence” to the UEFA investigative committee, then UEFA would also have been satisfied that there was NO EVIDENCE.

The Premier League opened their investigation into City in March 2019, the day after UEFA started their investigation and it took them nearly 4 years to bring charges, in fact, nearly 3 years after the CAS verdict and coincidentally the day before the Government announced an independent regulator.

City said the charges came as a “complete surprise” which suggests to me that not only do The Premier League have nothing new to present but that the Premier League were also forced to act due to pressure from the cartel clubs.

So no I don’t think any of us are ‘eejits’, I think the vast majority of us trust our owners, their position and their confidence that our name will be cleared.

I also believe that City will not accept a non cooperation settlement as they want to draw a line under this once and for all, hence Tolmie’s “no more ambiguity” quip.
You don't post often, but if it's more gold like this, you should. :)

I watched a podcast last night and Trevor Sinclair was on and he was saying when he worked in Abu Dhabi there was a tussel between Qatar and Abu Dhabi for the rights over who gets to show the Premier League and the champions league.
Abu Dhabi got the Premier League, Qatar the champions league.

Then when it came to renegotiation Qatar bought both rights for the PL and CL, severely pissing Abu Dhabi off and in the process making 100s redundant, Including Sinclair.

I never knew all this happened until I watched this. Isn't there a Qatar member of PSG on the board at UEFA? I'm kind of joining the dots here and wondering if they had anything to do with the Uefa case with us?

I have a feeling this has already been apologies if so, but I wonder if any of these keyboard warriors on twitter calling themselves journalists are on the payroll of something connected to Qatar and all these allegations and mud slinging originates from as mentioned Qatar?

Hmm.
There's every chance. I wrote the following commentary a week or so ago regarding Keys' constant criticism of us on Bein Sports. It gives a bit of background around UAE vs Qatar politics as I've lived and worked in both countries. I've also worked in Kuwait which is usually the mediator between the two so I've lived all three viewpoints - pro UAE, pro Qatar, neutral Kuwait. If you think the press here is editorially biased (they are, of course), you should read some Arab national dailies - they're just the same. I can give more detail if you want.

I think you have to take into account that Keys is doing his master's bidding when he says stuff like this. In the same way as the red top journalists are permanently promoting the red shirts and anti-blue bcause that's what their editor tells them to do, Bein Sports is Qatari owned and operated so will be critical of anything that is UAE or KSA operated. Their under-performing darling is PSG but when Mbappe leaves, that's over.

I lived in Qatar for 7 years and the UAE 2 years. There is no love lost between those countries. Saudi and the UAE see Qatar as a johnny-come-lately upstart stealing their limelight and they hate it. Qatar getting the world cup was the last straw and I was living in Qatar when the UAE and KSA illegally blockaded the country effectively trying to starve the country to death and destroy its economy. It was openly stated that if Qatar rescinded the world cup, the blockade would be lifted.

The American owned clubs have their generic anti-Arab agenda, but within the Arab world, you have a secondary sub-agenda of Qatar having to prevent itself being invaded by its more powerful neighbours. They fight back through a combination of strategic military alliances (ironically, mostly with the USA) and high profile companies, events and media. Keys is one of their flag-waving paid puppets.

It's why they were so keen to buy the rags. Nothing to do with wanting a return on investment; it would have been purely about making a team owned by a Qatari more succesful than a team primarily owned by an Emirati. They failed with PSG at European level so it was a chance to change tactics and instead compete at domestic level.

Arab politics is all about who's got the best tribe and the most resources; honestly nothing's changed since T.E Lawrence ran the show (and caused all of today's issues by giving the Saud family the most resources in the first place, depending what version of events you choose to believe).

NO EVIDENCE. That was the formal verdict at CAS, the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

NO EVIDENCE means exactly that, NO EVIDENCE. It does not mean that there was lots of evidence and just not enough to convict or that there was a little bit of evidence but nothing near enough to convict. NO EVIDENCE quite clearly means NO EVIDENCE, nil, nada, nothing.

CAS quite categorically stated that there was NO EVIDENCE a number of times(I think it was ten times) and in fact our fine, in a nutshell was for wasting time of the court, as they believed that, had we presented our “Irrefutable evidence” to the UEFA investigative committee, then UEFA would also have been satisfied that there was NO EVIDENCE.

The Premier League opened their investigation into City in March 2019, the day after UEFA started their investigation and it took them nearly 4 years to bring charges, in fact, nearly 3 years after the CAS verdict and coincidentally the day before the Government announced an independent regulator.

City said the charges came as a “complete surprise” which suggests to me that not only do The Premier League have nothing new to present but that the Premier League were also forced to act due to pressure from the cartel clubs.

So no I don’t think any of us are ‘eejits’, I think the vast majority of us trust our owners, their position and their confidence that our name will be cleared.

I also believe that City will not accept a non cooperation settlement as they want to draw a line under this once and for all, hence Tolmie’s “no more ambiguity” quip.

I love it when a vigourous bumming gets administered on here.

Great post.
(I assume that red **** “Libero” is no longer posting)

I don't for a second doubt he's only posting what he's been told. I do doubt that it's concrete factual information based on 100% knowledge and isn't simply hopeful messaging from a position of confidence and optimism. There's a distinct difference between the two especially at this stage.

Tolmie gets info same way as lots of good journalists do, by building contacts over many years.

What I found interesting on Monday, when I bought the broadsheet papers (a tradition when we win something), was that the Times twice mentioned how Pep had been assured by his bosses that City would be cleared.

I wonder if the tide is turning?

I suppose this scene from The Battle of Britain sums it up:

Air Vice Marshal Evill: [ACM Dowding is sitting at his desk reading reports. The phone buzzes. AVM Evill picks up the phone] Yes?
[listens]
Air Vice Marshal Evill: Yes, one moment
[turns to ACM Dowding]
Air Vice Marshal Evill: The Air Minister, sir. on the scrambler.
Air Chief Marshall Sir Hugh Dowding: [picks up green scrambler phone] Yes?
Minister: Ah, Dowding. Er. Look. Our people in Washington are having trouble with the American Press. It's about today's figures. German sources there are saying that our claims are wildly exaggerated.
Air Chief Marshall Sir Hugh Dowding: [listens, but says nothing]
Minister: Hello? Are you there Dowding?
Air Chief Marshall Sir Hugh Dowding: I'm here Minister.
Minister: Well I mean, can you verify the figures?
Air Chief Marshall Sir Hugh Dowding: [clears throat] I'm not very interested in propaganda. If we're right, they'll give up. If we are wrong, they'll be in London in a week!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.