PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Tolmie gets info same way as lots of good journalists do, by building contacts over many years.

What I found interesting on Monday, when I bought the broadsheet papers (a tradition when we win something), was that the Times twice mentioned how Pep had been assured by his bosses that City would be cleared.

I wonder if the tide is turning?

Of course he does, I really enjoy his posts on the transfer forum and I refer to him breaking the Haaland exclusive to this day, his information is often bang on and it's great to have him in our corner on here, twitter and wherever else.

I'm only questioning the interpretation of what he's been told, something which he's later taken his time out to clarify in a post to @Invisible Man's Bandage.

The news that we'll be cleared and it'll be this year is "just" (I use the commas, because it's still much bigger information than most of us would be privvy to!) a display of confidence from the club and NOT actual knowledge or factual information which would be different.

With regards to the media, as GDM says I suppose that's subjective. For every article like the one you've read in the times, there's a rant by Syed, Harris, Delaney etc. I'm not sure it's turned in any way so not convinced it's a sign of anything. Others may see it differently of course.

We wouldn't have extended the North Stand or built a huge indoor arena and a hotel complex if we thought we had done anything wrong.
Or if we thought we’d get caught!
Look at Las Vegas, do you think the Mafia would have built it if they thought they’d done anything wrong?

I know, I know, rag eejit?

I’m ahead of you. I’ll get me coat.

I dont trust them one bit BUT what is in our favour if they find us guilty of anything then they have to document why and how they have found us guilty and if it is anything but absolutely legally airtight they would get absolutely slaughtered for it, people need to get out of the mindset that its just three guys in a room discussing things and they can say and do what they want with no scrutiny.
Slaughtered by who?
Us perhaps, if we took them to court, but I wouldn’t be depending on any media to go through the evidence/verdict, forensically.

Headlines is all they’d need.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.