PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

My confidence isn't coming from much said on here, where there is a lot of echoed group bravado. Or anything said by anyone with sources at the club. Or even the actions of the club (going about their business) as someone else mentioned.

It is coming from - partly the club's one and only statement, which is unambiguous and we have seen before with the last time we were found innocent. It is coming partly from a basic ability to read and digest what is available in the public domain. It would take some stretch of logic to believe all those alleged breaches have been committed by an organisation this big and this well oiled (ha, pun). And lastly partly from an ability to ignore those in the media that are either less intelligent, and/or have a clear agenda. Even if that agenda is just their own financial gain through sustained interest, i.e milking it, and not 'deliberately' malicious towards the club.

I do think the PL must think they have something, to have gone this far. I do think there may be some things we don't know that are maybe open to a difference in interpretation, and varying outcomes. But I think the club would not have gone about their business with any intention to deceive, and will be able to prove their side of it. Given all the books and activity have been signed off by various significant bodies, I struggle to think what the PL might have found that nobody else so far has. Other than either misinterpreted accounts (which should be able to be explained) or perhaps those selective spliced hacked emails, which have already been dismissed by CAS and wouldn't really trump official records.
"a basic ability to read and digest"

I'm always disappointed but never surprised to see just how many people don't have this basic ability. I blame it on the twitter age where people are told what to think in 280 characters or less instead of trying to think themselves (or even worse by a headline in the MSM).

I may be wrong (in many things, many times) but I'm happy with the fact that I've come to that conclusion by myself.

Hi, i keep seeing people who say that they have sources into the club saying that the club is very confident and calm and city know they will be cleared. Is that the real feeling or is it the club putting it out there that they are confident?
Wouldn't that be a real feeling either way? Or do you mean does the club believe it? They certainly seem to if the latter.

If you're looking for hard proof then that's just not available to us mere mortals yet.

Hi, i keep seeing people who say that they have sources into the club saying that the club is very confident and calm and city know they will be cleared. Is that the real feeling or is it the club putting it out there that they are confident?
Hi
So now you want to get personal and you want to know my real feeling ?
What else do you want to know while at it ?

I've seen a lot of posts from him on there - over several years.

He is either:

a) not a CITY fan at all, or

b) such a needy fucker that he/she goes to extreme lengths to be accepted / not banned.

I am thinking that it is b) - and that the guy/lass has no self-respect at all. He/she just seems to exult in the many posts from scum fans that mention him/her being "ok - for a blue" - seems to give him/her some sort of 'self-worth' - the needy fucker
There are a few of these needy fuckers about. One of them wrote a piece in WSC last summer saying his love for the club wasn't as great even though we won the treble. Can't remember if it related to the money or the charges but it was a pathetic conclusion to a great season.
But others sometime embrace the narrative with shit about "remember where we've come from". It's OK if they mean 10 home goals under Pearce or 35 years without a trophy, but not if they are referencing the single season in the third tier as we've spent over 80% of our time in the top division.

I'm 99% confident mostly 100% confident but every now and again a little doubt creeps in.
I don't trust the pl or the ic. The fact that this kangaroo court can find us guilty and try to destroy us and we can't appeal is fucking madness.
The fact that City can't appeal must be the only reason the pl charged us. We were cleared by CAS the pl know that. But in the pl we can't use CAS. Feels like a stitch up. The only thing in the pl favour is we can't appeal. That bit worries me because like I said I don't trust the pl and the influence of the 3 red tops +1

People say that the independent commission is made up the Kings Council. I still don't trust them.

That filthy twat is a classic example of a certain type of City fan. (Probably football fans in general).
He hates it that ‘his’ club has become successful and seems to harbour a genuine dislike of City, and a true chip on his shoulder that City are no longer “the cool little brother” that everyone admires you for supporting.

Basically, he’s a ****. And if he’s reading this…you’re a **** mate. Not one of those red scum would spit on you if you were on fire if they ever become successful again.
They are using you and your extreme Stockholm syndrome as a means of coping with our domination and you’re loving it.

Didn’t mention he’s a ****? The very very worst type of one as well.

There's a so called blue on rag cafe called Padr81 a think it is, popped on to see them in meltdown over our 4 in a row lol
This padre guy says he thinks we're guilty as hell but doesn't think they'll prove it, fooking tit haha need a wash now, feel filthy :-)
He is a rat.They all like to live under sewer at old toilet

He's also scraping the barrel and lying with the Grealish handball one. The Kova one, was the luckiest but we had two of those at Wolves in the first half.

In fairness, I think these imaginary scenarios people invent and work themselves up with, based on fear or resentment etc, are part of human nature(some more than others). Harry Enfield's Frank Doberman(The Self-Righteous Brothers), pretty much sums up the mindset:

Frank as a Liverpool/Arsenal/United fan: "I admire Pep Guardiola's style of possession based attacking football... and his constant innovations in the sport, which have advanced English football from the 'hoof it to the big man' most teams were playing before he arrived. City have a lot of talented players, many of which they bought for bargain fees too and the academy produces top talent, that clubs from all over are starting to benefit from. That shows they are a brilliantly ran club... But IIF I find arrrt they're guilty of 115 financial irregularities... Datin' all the way back to 2010??? I should say OI PEP NOOOOOOO!" [Huffs and puffs his red cheeks out, like he's giving birth to a heart attack]

The further problem is that if we are found not guilty of the full115 but say anything from 1 to 114 they will say 115 was just a title not a specific number.
I have yet to see a critical post that specifies their action for a not guilty verdict.

I'm 99% confident mostly 100% confident but every now and again a little doubt creeps in.
I don't trust the pl or the ic. The fact that this kangaroo court can find us guilty and try to destroy us and we can't appeal is fucking madness.
The fact that City can't appeal must be the only reason the pl charged us. We were cleared by CAS the pl know that. But in the pl we can't use CAS. Feels like a stitch up. The only thing in the pl favour is we can't appeal. That bit worries me because like I said I don't trust the pl and the influence of the 3 red tops +1

People say that the independent commission is made up the Kings Council. I still don't trust them.

The fact they are chucking in player image rights and Mancini’s wages shows how desperate they are and probably don’t have anything more than what Uefa did on the Etihad and Etisalat sponsorships. It’s a case of chuck as much shit at the wall and hope something sticks. They rushed our charges either because of recommendations on the football governance bill or they were paranoid that limitations laws kicks in on the evidence they believe they can fuck City on. It will take a brave person to come to the conclusion that City were up to industrial strength fraud for nearly a decade in a three man panel.

The Premier League have painted themselves into a corner here and they need a way out. The club will prevail and the fall out will be biblical.

Couldn't have said it better mate:-) felt like making a profile & winding the **** up but really cudnt stay on there to long, was making me itchy haha
The so called celebrities who are joining the criticism of City must realise that if their governing body insisted they reveal all joke books, plans for the future and their sponsored contacts then found their material used by other celebrities they also would have good reason to not cooperate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.