PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

You're reading that 'the mask has slipped' into all that? Sorry but that's just paranoid on your part.

For what it's worth I think if you've got money to invest in your own football team you should be able to do so however you choose fit. The point I was trying to make was that at the end of the day, talk of relegations is wide of the mark and that my feeling is that a deal will be cut behind the scenes so that everyone can move on. The reasons for this are 2-fold. Firstly so City can move forward so it will be in their interests to bring it to a close ASAP. But secondly it's hardly in the PL's interests for City to be found guilty of the most severe charges. PL football is a highly marketable brand - not going to look good if its prize asset of the last decade gets slapped with massive penalties and makes it look like the PL has been presiding over a dogs dinner. Money talks at the end of the day in big business.

The thing is as balanced as you thought you were being you came out with absolute bollocks & showed you’d been sucked in by a coordinated smear campaign based on innuendo.

The time barring - CAS said no evidence of wrong doing 11 times. Not once did they say there is evidence of wrongdoing but it was time-barred!

Made a deal to drop 20 points….. ffs! That’s how easy it is to suck people in with this nonsense…

I watched AFTV this evening to catch up on the transfer rumours and I was disappointed to see AFTV banging on about the charges as that hasn't been part of the agenda of AFTV all season. That being said there were City fans on here having a dig at the Thomas Partey accusations and in both cases it's innocent until proven guilty. You can't give it out to him and then complain that other fans give it to City. Not until the proper legal process has been allowed to take course.

Re the City charges, 115 is misleading as the reality is it will boil down to a few more serious charges and a bunch of other much more trivial misdemeanours. Bear in mind the traditional top 4 sides had decades to get their shit together and spend a fortune on building their clubs so if, big IF, City are guilty, it will be of doing something to develop the club in a way that the other big sides have historically been allowed to do but now times have changed and newly-monied clubs are unable to, and City bending the rules and concealing the true nature of events leading up to City being able to invest in the club.

From what I'm reading and hearing it is likely some sort of deal gets done in the background, City get a 20 point deduction and a big fine - will mean they won't win the league that season but still qualify for CL. The hysteria that City get relegated to the National League or whatever is overkill - not in a million years will that happen and it's in the club's interests to wrap things up quickly and I'm sure the lawyers will be advising them that as for sure with 115 charges to go through some of them will stick, even though there's an element of subjectivity to them all.

Note also, contrary to some of the posts in this thread, City were NOT cleared by UEFA. They were found guilty however there is a statute of limitations that applies when going to the European CAS meaning evidence older than a specified period of time cannot be used and therefore the charges were not allowed to stick. PL rules are different and evidence can be used from any period of time which is why I think the PL will get some of them to stick. But none of the charges are as serious as the ones Juventus faced for basically match-fixing and their penalty was relegation to the next division down. So there's nothing in my mind that makes me think City won't be able to do a deal behind the scenes with a one-off points deduction and a fine.

As a Gooner I'm genuinely not bitter at all - we've historically had the opportunity to spend whatever we wanted - we chose not to (despite at the time having a corrupt Putin stooge in the form of Alisher Usmanov as a major shareholder who wanted to splash his blood money around). Other clubs like Chelsea and the Rags did get their wallets out though and now they don't like it when someone else wants to spend their money on their club. Football has always been. That way in the PL era - heck even Blackburn bought a league title. Since then more clubs have come in with the readies to compete and build the infrastructure to take the club to the next level, set up sustainable infrastructure for the future, sustain higher revenue channel opportunities and so on.

Chelsea spent dirty Russian money on building that club. Money with blood on it.

And as for the Dippers being up in arms - let's just reflect on the fact that their club is responsible for the murder of 39 Juventus fans, responsible for English teams being banned from Europe, responsible for attacks on opponents team coaches. If there ever was any justice then that club would be permanently banned from Europe and would have been relegated by the FA for giving English football a bad name in the 80s. So I'd advise them to shut the fuck up.
You still upset you won fuck all again??
So you have information that we will get a 20 point deduction...who's your source..and I don't want hearsay or what the milkman says .
Who has said that we are guilty and will get 20 point deduction that's close enough to the people who will be making the verdict that you know this for a fact.
It's time to put up or shut up

You're reading that 'the mask has slipped' into all that? Sorry but that's just paranoid on your part.

For what it's worth I think if you've got money to invest in your own football team you should be able to do so however you choose fit. The point I was trying to make was that at the end of the day, talk of relegations is wide of the mark and that my feeling is that a deal will be cut behind the scenes so that everyone can move on. The reasons for this are 2-fold. Firstly so City can move forward so it will be in their interests to bring it to a close ASAP. But secondly it's hardly in the PL's interests for City to be found guilty of the most severe charges. PL football is a highly marketable brand - not going to look good if its prize asset of the last decade gets slapped with massive penalties and makes it look like the PL has been presiding over a dogs dinner. Money talks at the end of the day in big business.

Yep, I am indeed. Too late, the bed is well and truly shat now, and the smell ain't coming off. No amount of fake politeness is hiding that.

Anyone, that twists it as 'city were actually found guilty by uefa', is either a) a complete moron, or b) dishonest and with a clear agenda. That includes Simon Jordan, but his agenda is pretty evident. If you are found guilty, of anything, and that is overturned by a higher court, the 'guilt' is wiped, it is superceded, removed from relevance. That's just how legal systems and courts work, and it is a disrespect to society to twist that.

The rest of it is just as fake, but not really worth my time.

Last edited:
You're talking through your arse(nal) here. This is absolute nonsense.

First, the 5-year limitation period is in UEFA's FFP rules, and nothing to do with CAS.

Second, we were cleared by CAS of the substantive charge levelled against us by UEFA's CFCB, which is that our commercial sponsorships were disguised equity funding. The initial press release from CAS, on 13th July was quite explicit on that point.

Third, the time-barred element of the case (the Etisalat sponsorship) was examined by CAS, who cleared it as being done properly. This oft-repeated claim by the hard-of-thinking, that we only got off due to time-barring, is a complete myth.

Finally, although it's not stated explicitly that there's a time limitation in the PL rules, it is stated that English law applies, which means there's a 6-year limitation period. They can go back further if there's evidence of criminality or fraud though, which is effectively what we've been accused of. But if the PL's Independent Commission finds no evidence of fraudulent activity then pretty well every part of the PL's case falls as time-barred. And if there's no evidence of fraud, then it's highly unlikely we did much wrong at all, which is a double whammy to our detractors, like you.

They say 3-word alliteration is a powerful communication trick so i'm going to use that technique and call you a thick Tarquin twat.

Mic drop.

That reads like you are trying your best to appease our fan base whilst also letting your biased city are guilty views permeate through. A stature of limitation does not mean guilty, it doesn’t even imply guilty. As for what you are reading and hearing I am calling that unfounded nonsense. I am reading and hearing that the FA are desperately trying to do a deal with City to dig themselves out of the hole they have created by raising these “charges” with a face saving solution and City are not having a bar of it.
I'm reading and hearing that the FA have fuck all to do with it.

I watched AFTV this evening to catch up on the transfer rumours and I was disappointed to see AFTV banging on about the charges as that hasn't been part of the agenda of AFTV all season. That being said there were City fans on here having a dig at the Thomas Partey accusations and in both cases it's innocent until proven guilty. You can't give it out to him and then complain that other fans give it to City. Not until the proper legal process has been allowed to take course.

Re the City charges, 115 is misleading as the reality is it will boil down to a few more serious charges and a bunch of other much more trivial misdemeanours. Bear in mind the traditional top 4 sides had decades to get their shit together and spend a fortune on building their clubs so if, big IF, City are guilty, it will be of doing something to develop the club in a way that the other big sides have historically been allowed to do but now times have changed and newly-monied clubs are unable to, and City bending the rules and concealing the true nature of events leading up to City being able to invest in the club.

From what I'm reading and hearing it is likely some sort of deal gets done in the background, City get a 20 point deduction and a big fine - will mean they won't win the league that season but still qualify for CL. The hysteria that City get relegated to the National League or whatever is overkill - not in a million years will that happen and it's in the club's interests to wrap things up quickly and I'm sure the lawyers will be advising them that as for sure with 115 charges to go through some of them will stick, even though there's an element of subjectivity to them all.

Note also, contrary to some of the posts in this thread, City were NOT cleared by UEFA. They were found guilty however there is a statute of limitations that applies when going to the European CAS meaning evidence older than a specified period of time cannot be used and therefore the charges were not allowed to stick. PL rules are different and evidence can be used from any period of time which is why I think the PL will get some of them to stick. But none of the charges are as serious as the ones Juventus faced for basically match-fixing and their penalty was relegation to the next division down. So there's nothing in my mind that makes me think City won't be able to do a deal behind the scenes with a one-off points deduction and a fine.

As a Gooner I'm genuinely not bitter at all - we've historically had the opportunity to spend whatever we wanted - we chose not to (despite at the time having a corrupt Putin stooge in the form of Alisher Usmanov as a major shareholder who wanted to splash his blood money around). Other clubs like Chelsea and the Rags did get their wallets out though and now they don't like it when someone else wants to spend their money on their club. Football has always been. That way in the PL era - heck even Blackburn bought a league title. Since then more clubs have come in with the readies to compete and build the infrastructure to take the club to the next level, set up sustainable infrastructure for the future, sustain higher revenue channel opportunities and so on.

Chelsea spent dirty Russian money on building that club. Money with blood on it.

And as for the Dippers being up in arms - let's just reflect on the fact that their club is responsible for the murder of 39 Juventus fans, responsible for English teams being banned from Europe, responsible for attacks on opponents team coaches. If there ever was any justice then that club would be permanently banned from Europe and would have been relegated by the FA for giving English football a bad name in the 80s. So I'd advise them to shut the fuck up.
I defended you the other week as a decent poster, but you've pretty much just fed yourself to the lions.

Stick to posting about football.

View attachment 120615

He said: '(broadcaster) TNT - no 12:30 discussion; referees; we don't talk about Man City - don't know why; we don't talk about financial things - don't know why; VAR'.

Compere for the evening John Bishop then questioned Klopp on what might happen should the Reds find themselves two league titles the richer should an ongoing investigation into Manchester City strip them of their crowns.

City are currently being investigated over 115 alleged charges of breaching Premier League financial rules, though the club has repeatedly and vehemently denied them.

Klopp said: 'If you organise a bus parade I'm in. How long it takes, I don't care how long.'
Most overrated manager in premiership history. Desperate for the titles to make his record look better.

You’re absolutely right to say City weren’t cleared by UEFA.

We were found guilty by UEFA, and appealed that verdict to CAS.

CAS, however, having reviewed the slender evidence presented by UEFA to support the guilty verdict, repeatedly stated there was ‘no evidence’ to support the allegations - and cleared us on that basis.

They did not clear us because all the evidence was time barred. This is a disingenuous misconception peddled by client journalists in the mainstream media whose job it is to continue the guilty narrative.

It’s all in here if you actually go to the source (rather than the media spin), in case you’re in any doubt and want to clarify the situation.

https://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/CAS_Award_6785___internet__.pdf

And you’re also wrong that there’s no time barring in the PL case, as any charges will need to comply with UK law - which includes a six year limitation unless fraud or deliberate concealment can be proven.

Which will require a very high burden of proof on behalf of the PL.

A lot more than six emails, which as it happens are proof of precisely nothing - as CAS very clearly set out in their verdict.

Last edited:
John Bishop is coming to Perth, the missus wanted tickets…… not a fucking chance, the goofy ****!
Oh come on! Another chance to hear how poooower he was as a kid. Hilarious, original anectdotes. Best since Stan Boardman. Side splitting. That scouse humour. From what I can gather, he's the popular, ladies of a certain age, dildo material.
Surely nobody can find him amusing.

Last edited:
And... there it is, the mask has slipped.

You did well to keep up appearances for so long.

For the record, City were found innocent by CAS. If you are found guilty of something, and a higher court decides that was the wrong verdict, you are cleared, you don't stay guilty. And anyone that tries to pretend otherwise is a bitter twat. Through that little twist, your agenda is pretty fucking clear.

You will no doubt stick about like an obsessive weirdo, but you are not fooling that many any more.
Don’t know why anyone was fooled by him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.