PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Masters and the PL on another mission.

The Premier League will monitor every transfer this summer to ensure clubs are not circumventing rules after a spate of unusual transactions.

Several ‘swap deals’ have occurred between top-flight clubs in the last weeks, including academy products being traded in separate transactions which are designed to aid both parties’ balance sheets.

As an example, midfielder Tim Iroegbunam signed for Everton from Aston Villa on Saturday for around £9million, while winger Lewis Dobbin has completed a move the other way in a separate deal believed to be worth £10m.
It's pretty clear to me that this is just another example of the amateurish way the PL and to an extent the FA are run. Both in my opinion started out being run effectively as old boys clubs and now the PL has grown into a multi billion pound business it hasnt really improved or recruited the right people to manage the business.

Corporate governance especially within the PL is clearly laughable with reactionary knee jerk rules being regularly applied without any clear analysis of implications and often seemingly due to pressure from member clubs.

Meanwhile in Spain they can do what the fuck they want, no control from UEFA, none from la liga
La Liga do control spending, as Barcelona's recent woes prove. But they look at spending based on forward revenues and cash flows, rather than historical, and therefore largely meaningless, profits or losses.

They tell clubs what they're allowed to spend each season, based on revenue/cashflow, rather than UEFA & PL rules, which allow clubs to spend what they want, then retrospectively punish them if they overspend. Of course, that favours Real Madrid to a large degree, then Atletico & Barca, but it's far more pragmatic.

Last edited:
Wonder why the PL didn't look at transfers such as Rhian Brewster to Sheffield United for a reported fee of £23.5m in 2020. Scored 5 goals in 77 appearances. He hadn't even played in the dippers first team in the PL yet was sold for a ridiculously inflated fee.

La Liga do control spending, as Barcelona's recent woes prove. But they look at spending based on forward revenues and cash flows, rather than historical, and therefore largely meaningless, profits or losses.

They tell clubs what they're allowed to spend each season, based on revenue/cashflow, rather than UEFA & PL rules, which allow clubs to spend what they want, then retrospectively punish them if they overspend. Of course, that favours Real Madrid to a large degree, then Atletico & Barca, but it's far more pragmatic.
Controls it only to an extent. Didn’t they allow Barcelona to forward sell most of their gate receipts for the next few years to aid their current financials?

been saying since day one and i will say it till im blue in the face, no independent body can set a market value, the market sets the value, that is the basic tenet of a market economy, its baffling to me how they just dont seem to understand this.
I agree . They are looking at it upside down. It's the value of the sponsorship to the sponsor and each one will have their own circumstances no one can judge that better than the Company. The PL are more interested in how much tbe club will benefit.
Would make them laughing stock of ther other leagues and kill any remaining credibity.

I agree . They are looking at it upside down. It's the value of the sponsorship to the sponsor and each one will have their own circumstances no one can judge that better than the Company. The PL are more interested in how much tbe club will benefit.
Would make them laughing stock of ther other leagues and kill any remaining credibity.
Its basic economic knowledge that something is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it, its just that simple, is a piece of canvas with some paint on it worh 100s of millions in relative terms no but if someone is prepared to pay it then it absolutely is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.