PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

You only have to look at how theyve handled the womans team to know they still lag behind massively
That's a really strange one, they spent quite a bit of money (for the woman's game) and had lots of media PR for it.

Then just as they became competitive in the English game have thrown it all away, it's almost like they're skint.

Dropped his guard there.
He is a little too vocal and comes across as sincere but a touch needy.

It's weird. He comes across as a British Boehly. He has a basic understanding of football from being British, which Boehly doesn't have, but he has the same fondness for opening his mouth before knowing what he is talking about. Boehly has been relatively quiet for a year or so, thank God. Ratcliffe should do the same, get on with what he has to do and only open his mouth when he has achieved something in football and knows what he is talking about.

Maybe, but I don’t see any incompetence there, once the dead wood has gone. Murtough and his buddies and the current coaching team are all due to go and Ten Bob can’t last long.
Don’t underestimate big Jim, he has always wanted to buy the rags and he is rich through being smart. Oh, and the guy from Ineos is a dab hand with PEDS.

Good points, but beng smart in building up a chemicals group is very different from building a football club back up. It seems he has started using his ruthless management techniques at United. Not sure that will work in a people business, especially where the players and management team are millionaires already and, basically, have all the power.

Then again, if he closes down Old Trafford due to employee disputes and moves the club abroad, who am I to complain?

t
It's weird. He comes across as a British Boehly. He has a basic understanding of football from being British, which Boehly doesn't have, but he has the same fondness for opening his mouth before knowing what he is talking about. Boehly has been relatively quiet for a year or so, thank God. Ratcliffe should do the same, get on with what he has to do and only open his mouth when he has achieved something in football and knows what he is talking about.
talking bollocks is in their DNA.... its the utd way

With the best will in the world hiring smart employees will only get u so far, if the leadership team is muddled incompitence will trickle down and he is a little too vocal and its not a good look.
So true, I used to work in the betting industry and whilst none of the Management of the big bookmakers I dealt with with were perfect there was one company that stood out for its arrogance and that was Ladbrokes. It stemmed from the Head Office in Harrow and as you say "trickled" or filtered down through the Management chain, arrogant, difficult, disingenuous, self important are not too strong to describe them.

Btw, I'm not referring shop staff, just the Management structure who I dealt with including a Senior member who "accepted" the "gift" of a free TV every year from around 2000 when a decent newly arrived LCD was around £5-6k.

Not dim, but ignorant of football details. He makes up for it by recruiting the best management team available, ie ex City. That is smart.(More’s the pity)
Completely agree.
He will make all the top peaple accountable and simply replace those who do not perform.
Currently having a good look round and allocating responsibilities. He will get a few buzzwords wrong but he will make sure those who are responsible do their Jobs.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.