PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

My own view is that it is likely to be a huge points penalty introduced during next season or the 25/26 season. Probably enough to relegate us to the Championship but definitely sufficient to knock us out of Europe. I just don't think they will attempt to relegate us into oblivion.
What makes you think we’re guilty of the serious charges?

My own view is that it is likely to be a huge points penalty introduced during next season or the 25/26 season. Probably enough to relegate us to the Championship but definitely sufficient to knock us out of Europe. I just don't think they will attempt to relegate us into oblivion.
Is that a finger in the air thing?

Putting aside your reasons for holding this pessimistic view ( which I disagree with), it's probably too late to reach AND implement a decision of this magnitude all within the coming season - the hearing has still to be arranged and concluded, then the time needed to reach a decision and then the time for an appeal process to be lodged and concluded. So in view of the timescales involved we are probably looking at a decision in the next closed season to allow the whole process to be concluded within 2025/6.

If any punishment is given to us, the evidence must be made public. And it will need to be very convincing indeed.

If it isn’t made public or it isn’t convincing, there will be a fair bit of trouble, I feel.

FFS not even guilty yet

The way I see it, deducting enough points to relegate us would be an exceptional punishment and would require exceptional evidence which I think the PL is extreamly unlikely to have, given there's been no leeks or even the sniff of a rumour to suggest they have anything more than the handfull of flakey e-mails we know about. If they do us anyway without the evidence they will be breaking their own protocols and proceedures and we could then take them to a proper court.

There’s no way you can form such a view and expect to be taken seriously.

Indeed FFS
I think it's fair to say some people are just a bit more pessimistic in their outlook on life in general. That is just the way things are. At one or two points I don't mind admitting I have felt a bit down about the whole thing and felt that the PL and Cartel were going to make sure they got their way come whatever, especially with all the constant negative media crap we have had to endure. But then I have had a quick recheck and thought actually no, based on the evidence I have seen City have done nothing significantly wrong I've reminded myself of Khaldoons strong rebuffal of the accusations and thought bring it on.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.