PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

What value do you pit on Oscar Bobb?
i know i shouldnt bite here, but here we go
at least 40. been in the first team and played with the first team more than kalvin phillips who we payed more for

so when i see someone in another teams EDS and not made a senior appearnace going for30, then thats just taking the piss, especially since their potential in comparison as a young talent, looks significantly lower

Marcotti has a piece on player swaps. I still don't like it. How can the Newcastle kid be worth what they got, when you compare him with a Palmer. I know it's subjective, but it's still not right, and feels like cheating the system more than anything we allegedly did. They might as well make the rules retroactive like they did for us, and punish the other clubs as needed since they are determining the value of players. Although, this probably doesn't apply to the red shirts anyway, and I'm just pissing in the wind.

Are Premier League clubs overvaluing young players to beat financial rules?

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/sto...dobbin-iroegbunam-chelsea-aston-villa-everton
I'd rather applaud them for showing up these protectionist bullshit rules for what they are. The sooner they take the next step and vote them out the better

i know i shouldnt bite here, but here we go
at least 40. been in the first team and played with the first team more than kalvin phillips who we payed more for

so when i see someone in another teams EDS and not made a senior appearnace going for30, then thats just taking the piss, especially since their potential in comparison as a young talent, looks significantly lower
Ye I'd agree with that, however we're having to move on EDS players so they don't block the production line.
The CFA is held in high esteem so maybe there's a premium to pay
Would Manoo be anywhere near our first team if he came through our academy.

I'd rather applaud them for showing up these protectionist bullshit rules for what they are. The sooner they take the next step and vote them out the better
keep dreaming, unless the rules are targeting city, nothing will happen. no matter what narratives you hear about tides turning, the yanks are too ingrained in the league, and IMO, will only get more so

My own view is that it is likely to be a huge points penalty introduced during next season or the 25/26 season. Probably enough to relegate us to the Championship but definitely sufficient to knock us out of Europe. I just don't think they will attempt to relegate us into oblivion.

I’m so glad you’re not my dad.

keep dreaming, unless the rules are targeting city, nothing will happen. no matter what narratives you hear about tides turning, the yanks are too ingrained in the league, and IMO, will only get more so
The yanks a problem? I thought that was the brown skinned Muslims.(When it comes to Muslims, the yanks have lost all reason.)

I have a certain sympathy with your attitude but on the whole I hope that our club has shown the cartel that it doesn't matter what rules they try to introduce City will always come out on top because we just do things better - we win by doing things "the City way".

These are rules brought in by our rivals specifically to rig the sporting playing field against City.

I hold these rules in utter contempt. There is no morality to be found in abiding by them.

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to know Sheikh Mansour personally wired sponsorship money to Etihad and there’s absolutely no way of proving it.

I do t know if there is evidence to back up the 115. I have stated that I think we will win the case but I must assume that despite everything said on here the authorities may not have wasted the last six years and believe they can convince the Panel that the charges are valid. Now if we lose the case we might be fucked regardless of whether you and I and thousands of other Blues think.I am not involved in the process obviously so I can't predict what will happen. Again I will state that I hope we win and win well
Fuck off Rag

I'm all in favour of these deals to get round P&SR. The PL have admitted no rules are being broken but that clubs are acting in bad faith. Where is the bad faith and who is its victim? The deal is cost neutral to the clubs involved and no other club suffers. The bad faith appears to come either from other clubs who want the rules to penalise certain clubs for non-football reasons, or from the PL itself who wish to find an excuse to penalise some clubs to benefit others, because no club's sustainability seems to be in doubt (unless it is a club with a burden of debt - but they seem not to be targeted.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.