PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I don’t know anyone in England who uses the word soccer except people who aren’t football fans
Plenty on this thread, so in reality you do know people in England who have or do use the term.

Again I will reiterate "I've never understood why so many people are that arsed and then the folk that pretend soccer wasn't a word used by English people when plainly they did."

This wasn’t Didsbury mate. It was England in the past. Soccer was widely used as a nickname for the game. I’ve given examples which you conveniently ignored so here’s a few more for you to ignore.View attachment 125922
I'm in my 60s and played/watched football all my life. I can honestly say, hand on heart, I have never had a conversation with anyone who used "soccer" in a conversation about the sport we love. Nor have I ever overheard it used in banter either in the pub, on the terraces or at work. You are correct, however, about it being used in media- just never heard a real person say it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.