PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

ah the idiocy of the cesspit that is twitter , its a vacuum for misinformed idiots to preach to brainless idiots and the world would be a better place if it didnt exist.
never a truer word said - it amazes me that people still believe that 'social media' is in anyway an improvement on what went before

I have no idea what's true and am generally cynical as to anything stated in the press. On the other hand, Ziegler seems very well informed on this matter, apparently receiving information direct from one of our PL rivals, which in turn is kept in the loop by the PL hierarchy.

I'd merely conjecture that, IMO, the above may not mean that there'll be ten weeks of hearings starting in September. In fact, I'd very much doubt there would be. IMO it could mean there'll a number of days of hearings (perhaps 4 weeks' worth, at a pure guess) within the ten-week period Ziegler refers to.

I do think the mood music arounbd the case has changed a little. I was particularly struck by that recent piece in The Sun which took the form of a Q&A between Martin Lipton and Martin Blackburn. I wasn't surprised that the latter, as someone with close links to MCFC, concluded we'd likely face a fine at worst with a possibility of being done for something such as non-cooperation. However, it was striking that the former basically agreed with him.

That's the first time I recall having seen a senior mainstream football journalist writing for the national press speak in those terms. I know that Lipton is quite well connected with various PL clubs, the London ones especially, so I view that as quite a significant step.

The additional focus on the Mancini and Toure charges strikes me as a possible attempt to switch focus in a reality where the more serious charges don't stick. Non-cooperation doesn't necessarily entail financial wrongdoing, but guilty with regard to either or both of Roberto and Yaya leaves open a PR line of attack that our finances were clearly dodgy but we've covered up the most egregious cases.

Good points well made as always. Now get back to work .......

Get what you’re saying. But if you’re wages are dropping in your bank account every month would he have a clue or give a shit where the money was coming from?
I'm sure his wages would be subject to HMRC laws the same as everyone else. Others have a better angle on this.

No it wouldnt because with the best will in the world there is plenty and i mean plenty of other clubs, despite what the press want to tell you the pl doesnt revolve around the red tops and spurs there is plenty of other big clubs and it would go on absolutely fine if the esl was formed.
It actually does unfortunately. Without them and Chelsea it would be finished as a top league. All eyes would be on the Super League.

I don't see the ESL as a problem provided that any English teams in it are not permitted to play in the domestic league as well.
I, for one, would walk away from football completely if the scenario you're proposing ever came to pass. What point is there to supporting your club if what sustains every fan's passion - the ongoing potential to change your history of domestic endeavour - is swept away with the stroke of a pen? Do we really want to replace all that with a superficial so-called super league for the elite clubs of world football in which only the extremely well off could afford to travel to away games on a regular basis? If ordinary match attending fans already feel alienated by rocketing ticket prices, imagine what clubs like ours will be charging in the event we're playing the likes of Real, Barca and Bayern repeatedly! Equally, if an ESL were to proceed without City, where's the incentive for fans to watch a PL without the prospect of putting the red shirt teams and Spurs to the sword? Surely, the ultimate illustration of such folly is a season without a derby match, something the vast majority of fans would never countenance.

Last edited:
If these opinions are correct and we will be be basically found innocent of the crimes (got away with it) we will see these scribblers who write for the national press (and who think by doing so gives some credence of expertise ) slam into reverse in the coming weeks. But the haters on line like Goldfingered and Football Insider/365 will a need a legal slap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.