PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

If true I don't understand why they invited City into the original Super League?
because you want the eyes on it, a successful new venture needs superstar power and even tho they hate us they know not having us massively diminishes the product and shows even more what that product is all about.

I agree with most of this. What we do know for certain is that Ziegler has had another briefing from someone. He has been told that our case against the PL on assisted parties has been partially successful and also told that the timetable for the ongoing PL "false accounting" case against us has been brought forward. I don't think City have briefed him so it can only really have come from the PL or another Club Director who is in the loop on the PL legal case. Previous experience suggests that Zeigler has had information from AFC and LFC. So it is likely someone in the PL leadership team has blabbed to someone at LFC or AFC. And someone lower down the foodchain at one of those clubs has briefed Ziegler. This is a another attempt to set the media narrative to damage City.
One of Ziegler's colleagues at The Times is Owen Slot. Owen's wife is Juliet Slot, who is Chief Commercial Officer at Arsenal.

If true I don't understand why they invited City into the original Super League?

Their competition doesn’t look very good if the best team in England over the last decade in it. They needed City in it but the competition run on their terms with one of the Glazers as ceo. They were all going to get solidarity payments which would have wiped out a decent chunk of the likes of the rags and Spurs’ debt. No wonder they were pissed off when it went belly up, 115 is the recoil from it.

I try to not let this stuff effect me and I guess it doesn't most of the time.
But the fact that rags got a 75million helping hand from the pl. A PL were they vetted Masters who has now help them avoid ffp failure.
Everton, forest, Leicester failed ffp, Newcastle, villa sailing close to ffp. Yet rags the rules are changed and allowed to be 75million over ffp.

The pl stinks I believe City are 100% innocent and I believe that doesn't matter and City will be found guilty. The pl is so bent.
What puzzles me is why the clubs that are being screwed by the pl aren't getting together.

I know people will tell me it's the King's Council, but our justice system is full of wrong full convictions.

I trust City, CAS proved City had done nothing wrong.
Guess already got answer
YANK owners

because you want the eyes on it, a successful new venture needs superstar power and even tho they hate us they know not having us massively diminishes the product and shows even more what that product is all about.

.... And there would have been plenty of ways to keep City down inside the ESL. Just look at who was running that God-awful organisation. Any City fan saying the PL is bad, bring on the ESL is missing the most basic of big pictures

Anyone who has ever tried to re-arrange a meeting, even a one-day meeting, with senior, in-demand professionals knows that re-arranging a case like this from 6 weeks November/January to 10 weeks September/December is almost impossible. That is two/three months of re-arranged diaries for how many professionals? 20 or 30? I can't see it myself.

Just don't believe anything you read in the press would be my advice. We will presumably hear somehow when it actually starts ....

I have no idea what's true and am generally cynical as to anything stated in the press. On the other hand, Ziegler seems very well informed on this matter, apparently receiving information direct from one of our PL rivals, which in turn is kept in the loop by the PL hierarchy.

I'd merely conjecture that, IMO, the above may not mean that there'll be ten weeks of hearings starting in September. In fact, I'd very much doubt there would be. IMO it could mean there'll a number of days of hearings (perhaps 4 weeks' worth, at a pure guess) within the ten-week period Ziegler refers to.

I do think the mood music arounbd the case has changed a little. I was particularly struck by that recent piece in The Sun which took the form of a Q&A between Martin Lipton and Martin Blackburn. I wasn't surprised that the latter, as someone with close links to MCFC, concluded we'd likely face a fine at worst with a possibility of being done for something such as non-cooperation. However, it was striking that the former basically agreed with him.

That's the first time I recall having seen a senior mainstream football journalist writing for the national press speak in those terms. I know that Lipton is quite well connected with various PL clubs, the London ones especially, so I view that as quite a significant step.

The additional focus on the Mancini and Toure charges strikes me as a possible attempt to switch focus in a reality where the more serious charges don't stick. Non-cooperation doesn't necessarily entail financial wrongdoing, but guilty with regard to either or both of Roberto and Yaya leaves open a PR line of attack that our finances were clearly dodgy but we've covered up the most egregious cases.

Their competition doesn’t look very good if the best team in England over the last decade in it. They needed City in it but the competition run on their terms with one of the Glazers as ceo. They were all going to get solidarity payments which would have wiped out a decent chunk of the likes of the rags and Spurs’ debt. No wonder they were pissed off when it went belly up, 115 is the recoil from it.
I don't really get it. If they formed a super league without City, then City as a multi billion pound business would be pretty much destroyed.

I don’t understand this link between us not spending money this summer = we’re guilty. Erm have you not seen this stadium expansion that is currently getting built. We spent about 200 million last summer and only one key player has left.
If we were guilty we wouldn’t just be not spending, we’d be selling off players like KDB and Ederson whilst we can get good money for them before the vultures are circling looking for bargains after we were sanctioned

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.