PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Every sordid extra marital affair, every brown envelope bung, every drunken dalliance, every tap up, every once assumed private old boys and media conversation etc. are in our "arsenal". Going to be a very interesting few months as the whole house of shit could come crashing down now. They've really opened the can now and will regret it. Will be a few nervous protagonists right now.
Going to get a lot of popcorn in and watch the car crash and/or the hilarious backtracking.
Reserve me a front row seat please

Unbelievable that the Mail has published this story from a discredited source like Leterme. As the publisher they have left themselves wide open to being sued by City for defamation. In fact the Mail could face multiple actions from different Directors at City. Not naming them doesn't provide any protection. If City do sue them then the onus is on the Daily Mail to prove that fraud has taken place...good luck with that one. It's an open goal and I really hope that this time City decide to kick the ball into the net. The timing would be perfect to lay down a marker with the media at the start of what is going to be a long and damaging process.

Are you really surprised?

The mail are desperate along with the other media sources to getting the shit about City out, perhaps believing that not naming them makes them safe from actions.

Hopefully they have fucked up and get their arses handed to them further down the line. Couldn't happen to a more deserving publication on so many levels !

I think I'm depressed about this. Really can't concentrate on work and thinking of taking tomorrow off.

Just imagine the amount of piss boiled if we went and splashed 300m in the summer...would be hilarious
The issue is our image as been tarnished again and doubt may enter the minds of potential signings

More to this shit than meets the eye

One of the reasons the fuckers want this dragged out is to plant the seed of doubt

So... Do we know any more than this?

5 sets of of alleged breaches. 101 breaches in total.

The first set, is the most serious one. Which is this that the club have provided incorrect financial information, in bad faith and have therefore not provided a true and fair view of the clubs financial position for the 9 years stated.

The information in question, is the club's revenue (including sponsorship revenue), its related parties and its operating costs. I can see why some are taking that as falsifying the accounts for 9 years. Or else, what is knowingly providing incorrect financial information, if not that? I suppose the mention of related parties could mean something in itself but we'd be guessing.

The second set are alleged breaches on disclosing full details of manager remuneration(Mancini) from 2009 to 2013 and player remuneration from 2010 to 2016. Someone counted 38 that came under this section. Whether that was just Mancini or not I will have to check some other time.

The third set, is an attempt to charge City again for not complying with UEFA's FFP, but for the seasons between 2013 and 2018.

The fourth set is related to undisclosed(unless I've missed something) breaches in the profitability and sustainability rules from 2015 to 2018.

The final set, is relating to non cooperation charges. Which accounts for 30 of the 101 charges(according to the Sun).

Unbelievable that the Mail has published this story from a discredited source like Leterme. As the publisher they have left themselves wide open to being sued by City for defamation. In fact the Mail could face multiple actions from different Directors at City. Not naming them doesn't provide any protection. If City do sue them then the onus is on the Daily Mail to prove that fraud has taken place...good luck with that one. It's an open goal and I really hope that this time City decide to kick the ball into the net. The timing would be perfect to lay down a marker with the media at the start of what is going to be a long and damaging process.
What do you expect from the mail?

An absolute turd of a publication, herbert and ladyman have to be two of the most bitterest, immature and thickest journalists out there.

They really take writing shit to the next level.

Every sordid extra marital affair, every brown envelope bung, every drunken dalliance, every tap up, every once assumed private old boys and media conversation etc. are in our "arsenal". Going to be a very interesting few months as the whole house of shit could come crashing down now. They've really opened the can now and will regret it. Will be a few nervous protagonists right now.
Going to get a lot of popcorn in and watch the car crash and/or the hilarious backtracking.
I genuinely hope we have had hackers working for us, uncovering all sorts of shit over the past few years... it would be glorious to be cleared of all charges and to then just release a load of incriminating dirt straight to the Internet

I hope we turn this back on whoever has instigated this witch hunt and sue them and the media for damages.
It's usually amusing to see our success manifest so much blind hatred, but the slander has gone overboard this time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.