PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Couldn't agree more.
Let the "banter" merchants dredge up the charges as much as they like because their answer is ready-made. The reality will inevitably be that soon City will have faced CAS, APT hearings plus the 115 case and we will still be standing. Three different cases, yet City are still in a position to thrive. How many more do they want to prove it has all been a game of smoke and mirrors?
You are right though: the smears, as you say, will linger - but, I believe that over time, their importance will dwindle.

We shouldn't forget the Old Cartel have a proprietary sense of the Premier League. Not surprisingly so when we remember it was their blackmailing, arm-twisting, railroading and double-dealing that manifested the competition. The arrival of new money (Chelsea, ourselves, Newcastle inevitably) has already weakened their command of the narrative (not to mention the remuneration) and the seemingly ineluctable appointment of government oversight threatens to remove much of their considerable influence.

I say much of their influence because inevitably they will adapt and evolve. They are astute at playing political shenanigans so I wouldn't dismiss them as a force in the future. What I will say, is they will never wield the same degree of power again. Their frantic efforts at establishing the ESL, Project Big Picture, apparently ilegal PSR rules and the constant harassment of City (and others) might be offered as proof that they know how much power they will lose too. They'll still have a great deal of course but they are desperately fighting to remain untouchable.
The tide of change has already begun to lap around their ankles. City's emergence from these 115 charges will only expose them further.

(Edited because a combination of my fat fingers and ducking autocarrot made it almost illegible)
Autocarrot. I'm having that lol

It is, lots of misinformed people out there will put money on relegation this season the bookies will cover themselves. Even if found guilty towards the end of this season the most likely outcome would be a point deduction for next season not this,they wouldn't want to invalidate all this seasons results.

Not sure that would be the outcome if we were found guilty (which I don’t expect us to be).

In Italy Juventus had their title stripped but it was left vacant. They then had an effective points deduction that relegated them inter-season. Other clubs tried to sue them but as the results were never made null and void nor were league places changed they all failed.

Given the PL and EFL are different competitions the PL can (surely?) only deduct points relevant to the PL, this talk we see of relegation to league 2 or whatever doesn’t appear feasible.

Of course if they decide to exclude us then that would be a different kettle of fish, and the results would not stand and we’d have to start again (akin to Rangers when they went bust).

And therein lays the problem. They think by not acknowledging our success it will keep us down.

This biggest club is a no win claim anyway. How do you measure the definition? Past success only? Current success and current failure is not included? Let’s just all stay in a 90s time warp.

As of 2024 City are one of the big clubs in the game due to winning a shit load of trophies. We can’t take a fart without it becoming a social media obsession.

So although the enemy think they are putting us in our place they are actually aiding our rise.
My point being, we've emulated all their achievements, hence the self proclaimed biggest club in the world.

yes - at least that's my understanding of it. happy to be corrected if that's not the case
CAS found in favour of UEFA's CFCB on a number of procedural issues but the only substantive charge they found proven against us was for non-cooperation. So while the CAS verdict doesn't explicitly link the €10m fine to that charge, it's safe to assume that's what it was for.

Gary Neville questioned the reason behind Manchester City's quiet summer transfer window (Image: YouTube)
Gary Neville questioned whether Manchester City's impending hearing into their 115 alleged breaches of Premier League rules is behind their uneventful transfer window. Pep Guardiola's side have made just one signing this summer on the back of their record fourth Premier League triumph, with Brazilian winger Savinho arriving in a £21million deal from Ligue 1 side Troyes.
Despite the departures of Sergio Gomez and Julian Alvarez, with the latter leaving Manchester in a £82m deal to join Atletico Madrid, City have yet to replace the Argentine who scored 19 goals in 54 games for the club last season and proved to play a vital role alongside Erling Haaland.

https://localplan.co/article/SIN-1350

Goodfellas Laughing GIFs | GIFDB.com

Rag wanker said: "Last night it was announced that Manchester City's hearing will start in four weeks. I wonder if they're not signing anybody on purpose, thinking they might get the book thrown at them.

"If they think they're going to get found guilty, and something ridiculous happens, they get relegated or deducted 20 points, they might think what is the point of signing players now. They got £82million for Alvarez, and they might just see what happens."

So that’s it lads, pack up. The red cunts have somehow found the evidence that dosent exist to punish the club even before the tribunal has started.

Take a bow Rato. Mastermind has spoken.

Live on sly sports:

who was you talking to ? Masters by any chance because he's already said city will appeal so he thinks guilty before trial starts

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.