PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The thing is: I saw Harris on a Lineker podcast and he was talking quite sensibly about PSR and the effects on clubs this year, including City. So he can do it. Delaney too. He can raise very sensible points about football finance and its problems. But when they talk about City they are almost rabid. Although the other arseholes I have never paid enough attention to hear them talk sensibly, tbh. It's almost like the likes of Harris and Delaney are paid for how many inches of pure invective they vomit out. It couldn't be, could it?
I know and have dealt with both.

Harris, when he's not foaming at the mouth about us, certainly has a decent grasp of finance.

Delaney is absolutely fucking clueless on the other hand.

The football industry is a tiny fraction of the UK economy.

For reference, PL clubs' revenue was c£6bn in 2022/23 - this was c0.25% of UK GDP in 2023 (c£2.3tn).

I really doubt senior politicians give much of a toss about Richard Masters.
The football industry is much wider than the income of clubs. It levers billions of pounds of investment into the UK via related sectors like tourism, retail, corporate, development, broadcast. Sheikh Mansour alone has invested more than £1bn in the UK. Many thousands of jobs depend directly and indirectly on football. Then there is the impact of the Pl across the world where it is watched by billions of people. All this is important for the UK economy where one of the fastest-growing sectors is sport and leisure. It also brings a lot of soft power to the UK. My comment on senior politicians was well sourced.

Last edited:
If it makes you feel any better, the four independent panels that considered the Everton and Forest cases (and their appeals) were all chaired by judges or KCs and the remaining members were all judges, KCs, CAs and lawyers of various ilks.

There shouldn't really be any cause for concern on grounds of independence or undue influence.

The PL will be feeling the pressure you mentioned, though, hence Masters saying nothing at all very loudly this week. But rest easy. The case will be decided on the evidence presented by the PL and the counter-evidence presented by the club. My money, for many reasons on the most substantive allegations, is on the club.

However, to answer your question specifically: the panel's decision can be appealed to another three-man panel chosen by Rosen, then there are limited opportunities to take the case to arbitration and, finally, very limited opportunities (to the extent that it would be virtually impossible*) to go to a "real court". Hope that helps.

* On the other hand, a HHGTTG quote: "Then, one day, a student who had been left to sweep up after a particularly unsuccessful party found himself reasoning in this way: "If such a machine is a virtual impossibility, it must have finite improbability. So all I have to do, in order to make one, is to work out how exactly improbable it is, feed that figure into the finite improbability generator, give it a fresh cup of really hot tea... and turn it on!""

In this case, the finite improbability generator is a highly skilled and very expensive team of legal advisors who are grappling with the very problem of appeals, I would imagine. The tea is probably the same.

:)
Brownie points for quoting from possibly the best book ever written....

I'm not disagreeing, but my post was aimed at those who follow the naïve logic that the abuse will cease once we're exonerated
It may increase amongst the 35 + morons who are beyond help.

The youngsters & International fans will just continue to love City cos we're cool,successful and have Jack,Phil,Erling and KDB

The football industry is much wider than the income of clubs. It levers billions of pounds of investment into the UK via related sectors like tourism, retail, corporate, development, broadcast. Sheikh Mansour alone has invested more than £1bn in the UK. Many thousands of jobs depend directly and indirectly on football. Then there is the impact of the Pl across the world where it is watched by billions of people. All this is important for the UK economy where one of the fastest-growing sectors is sport and leisure. It also brings a lot of soft power to the UK. My comment on senior politicians was well sourced.
Cynical England PR and sportswashing anyone?

I'm not disagreeing, but my post was aimed at those who follow the naïve logic that the abuse will cease once we're exonerated
Of course not

They will simply say we had the money to wriggle out of it or some shit like that.

Who cares anyway? I've never understood why people care what the media of fans of shite clubs say.

Khaldoon's ordered a crate of these bad boys...

Cigar Vixen - The largest cigar I've ever smoked! Check out my review of  the Big Samona by Founder Cigars along with highlights from my Michigan  trip with @wildbillstobacco Click the link've ever smoked! Check out my review of  the Big Samona by Founder Cigars along with highlights from my Michigan  trip with @wildbillstobacco Click the link

cigar or females??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.