PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The senior politicians from both main parties want Masters out. The Football industry is crucial to the UK economy and is vital to attract overseas investment. That's why the Government is pushing ahead with the new Regulator. I think the landscape changed when Ratcliffe appointed Omar Berrada as CEO. Berrada was in charge of our sponsorships but has to be squeaky clean or he wouldn't have got the job. Ratcliffe is well connected politically and has done lots of business in the Middle East. He wants Governnment help and overseas investment for the Old Trafford proposals. He won't do anything to undermine his future plans.

The football industry is a tiny fraction of the UK economy.

For reference, PL clubs' revenue was c£6bn in 2022/23 - this was c0.25% of UK GDP in 2023 (c£2.3tn).

I really doubt senior politicians give much of a toss about Richard Masters.

Assuming no smoking gun, (which considering the number of PL leaks on other matters is highly unlikely) then I'm inclined to follow the logic of our main experts, and believe that ultimately City will be exonerated from the serious charges, essentially because:

1/CAS has already found in our favour
2/ The charges are so serious and the threshold so high that it will be virtually impossible to prove without reasonable doubt that City deliberately lied

However, I also believe that this will be reported in such a "no smoke without fire" shitstorm that the general consensus will be that City "got off" on a technicality

It won't particularly bother me, but those looking forward to our day in the sun, will be in for a shock.

Balance of probabilities, mate.

Talksport summed up just now by Jeff Stelling - if City are guilty they must face justice. If innocent then ‘SO BE IT’.

So be it !!! He then went on to say not sure how the football family will react if they are not found guilty.

Complete smear campaign.
First they thought it was going to be all thriller but these smooth criminals are all cunts .They are bad and don’t care about us .Talksports wanna be starting something shit stiring but it’s dangerous. Masters knows he’s that man in the mirror.m but whatever happens , city fans will all remember the time .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.