PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

First they thought it was going to be all thriller but these smooth criminals are all cunts .They are bad and don’t care about us .Talksports wanna be starting something shit stiring but it’s dangerous. Masters knows he’s that man in the mirror.m but whatever happens , city fans will all remember the time .
We can blame it on the boogie.

Reactions: ufo
The football industry is much wider than the income of clubs. It levers billions of pounds of investment into the UK via related sectors like tourism, retail, corporate, development, broadcast. Sheikh Mansour alone has invested more than £1bn in the UK. Many thousands of jobs depend directly and indirectly on football. Then there is the impact of the Pl across the world where it is watched by billions of people. All this is important for the UK economy where one of the fastest-growing sectors is sport and leisure. It also brings a lot of soft power to the UK. My comment on senior politicians was well sourced.

Do you have any figures for the total investment you referenced? Mansour's £1bn into the UK over 16 years is utterly insignificant to the economy at large.

Do you have any figures to support your assertion that sport and leisure is one of the economy's fastest growing sectors? Today's GDP data from the ONS shows Arts, Entertainment and Recreation to have grown by 0.02% in the last three months, making it one of the slowest growing sectors.

I will have to take your word on senior politicians, given it was 'well sourced'

The football industry is a tiny fraction of the UK economy.

For reference, PL clubs' revenue was c£6bn in 2022/23 - this was c0.25% of UK GDP in 2023 (c£2.3tn).

I really doubt senior politicians give much of a toss about Richard Masters.
I get your point but it’s much more than the summated revenue of the PL clubs- think flights, transport, construction/stadium builds food and drink, hotels, TV & media, advertising, sponsorship, gambling, general tourism, summer tours, European comps, FIFA comps. Lord Pannick & multitudes of KCs and expensive lawyers. All the related revenues and employment costs. I’m sure there lots I’ve missed, let alone cultural and societal aspects.

I get your point but it’s much more than the summated revenue of the PL clubs- think flights, transport, construction/stadium builds food and drink, hotels, TV & media, advertising, sponsorship, gambling, general tourism, summer tours, European comps, FIFA comps. Lord Pannick & multitudes of KCs and expensive lawyers. All the related revenues and employment costs. I’m sure there lots I’ve missed, let alone cultural and societal aspects.
Confidence to invest in the country is the key which will lead to growth in the economy, for this reason alone Masters has to be replaced and a IR with teeth put in place.

Confidence to invest in the country is the key which will lead to growth in the economy, for this reason alone Masters has to be replaced and a IR with teeth put in place.
Masters is toast at the PL....its o ly a question of time.

Meantime Parry needs assassinating to prevent his coronation by the soon to be extinct red cartel of yanks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.