PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

At least 6 months I think.
I wonder what the half wits behind all this think about it now.
They obviously rushed into it without thinking about it properly.
What did the chairman say.
People in glasshouses and all that.
Picked a fight with the wrong club.
Bet they wish they could back track

I wonder what the half wits behind all this think about it now.
They obviously rushed into it without thinking about it properly.
What did the chairman say.
People in glasshouses and all that.
Picked a fight with the wrong club.
Bet they wish they could back track
They couldn't wait to find anything that could be smeared across the front pages, back pages and inside pages of the RDAHMeedya, and the ever-partial and consistently compliant BBC with Dirty Dan the lying man smirking his mug every time he got the chance to dredge it up!

Using the word charge is misleading. I notice that Masters himself used it. But to me it implies that there has been some sort of rigorous criminal investigation. This is a situation where an organisation is investigating a breach of its own rules. I assume the PL inquiry will have been a small group of lawyers and accountants who essentially believe City have case to answer. Nothing like the DPP.
The "115 charges" claim, as has been shown on here, is total bollocks. It is just a soundbite for the media. Using language like "charges" and "not guilty" is just fuelling the narrative. I believe it shows the PL has been acting in bad faith from day one when they apparently briefed the media with the "115 charges" quote before they had communicated it to City. Clear and organised as someone once said.

Use of the word charge was definitely intended to sway public opinion; I know when I hear that someone has been ‘charged’ I’ve always assumed that the prosecution has enough evidence to be confident. Calling them alleged breaches makes the PL’s case sound so much more ambiguous.

Having stuff be ‘time barred’ could be a let off for the PL.

Even if we had evidence they and the media could still blur the lines and say they got off on technicalities.
Wouldn't it be great if the commission acknowledged that certain charges were time-barred, but City insisted that they were investigated anyway, and found to be unsubstantiated.

I think that all along their aim was to tarnish our name/brand/reputation and to denigrate our achievements.

They will see the whole exercise as a complete success.
They have successfully done that.
But we keep winning.
Keep been better than that lot.
Which is all I ever dreamt of.
And we will continue to build out brand and keep improving.
Keep bring lads through and also selling them for massive profits.
So all in all we will come out on top..fuck the Premier league.
Fuck the fa.
Fuck uefa.
Fuck the curupt cartel.
Fuck sky.
Talksport.
All the media and bellends on you fucking tube.

City till I die

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.