PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This is just a smear on City. As others have said, the journalist seems to have been asked to pen an article on the eve of the new season, and what better way to generate clicks than slagging off City.

Many speaking anonymously? Great. Who were the ones that were willing to be quoted? Let's see their names if they didn't ask for anonymity. Or is this all just a little bit made up?

So Crafton has talked to a number of PL executives and gained a number of different perspectives on the case. They are worn down by the whole process? My heart bleeds for them. Spare a thought for the Manchester City executives, who have been fighting for justice for ten years.

The collective view he has heard? What does that mean? That he has talked to many PL executives and there is a majority view, or someone has summarised to him what all the other PL executives are thinking.

Really? You have spoken to two of football's leading figures, and one of them remembered what happened to Saracens, five years ago?

Didn't you think to mention to the coach that there is a basic tenet in English law, that someone is innocent until proved guilty?

Oh, so a number of PL executives have told you in confidence that if City are shown to be innocent of cheating, they themselves will consider starting to cheat? How does not cheating become an incentive to cheat? I hope you have reported them to Mr Masters. Pass this information to Nick Harris. He's big on cheating.

That's not what you said earlier. You inferred that some PL executives didn't request anonymity. Come on Adam. You're a journalist. Accuracy is important in your profession.

Good move Adam. The only person you have attributed to an actual quote for your article is someone who admits he doesn't know the rules and laws of English football. You appear to have spoken to many PL executives. Couldn't you have found just one expert on English football? It would have given your piece so much more credibility. Have a word with Talksport. They know one.

Basically it’s all made up bullshit by him on the eve of the start of the PL season to get clicks. He knows fuck all.

So all I’m reading is the outcome of City being found guilty, points deduction, thrown out of the premier league, titles being annulled. What I want to know is if City win what will be awarded for this witch hunt, 100m for compensation, extra 20 points for the following season and finally we get to choose who will be relegated.

So all I’m reading is the outcome of City being found guilty, points deduction, thrown out of the premier league, titles being annulled. What I want to know is if City win what will be awarded for this witch hunt, 100m for compensation, extra 20 points for the following season and finally we get to choose who will be relegated.
I'd luv it really luv it !!

Reactions: dom

Unlikely to get any compensation. Rules suggest no grounds for it.

I would like certain journalists and pundits to be sued but the club doesn't tend to do that.

Think the club will just draw a line under it and hope the journalists/pundits etc will be nice and fair to us.

But i think we know otherwise.

Cas all over again there just going at us full force because they know we will win again against these corrupt wankers

Whatever the position with our case and it’s impossible to know for sure, someone (the red shirts I’d assume) is whipping this up big time. Someone has encouraged the BBC to rehash the story over and over again this week. The 115 charges has been done to death, the hearing isn’t imminent and there’s no new news - so why are they running it on every news bulletin today? It’s conjecture on my part but if the PL and their red shirt handlers were supremely confident of their ground -I think they’d be sitting back as smug as fuck; the fact that they are obsessed with rubbishing us in the media suggests they are probably not feeling particularly confident.

:) I'm not buying it. The PL would be opening itself up to huge problems if it settled a breach that gave rise to a sporting advantage with a financial sanction when it lobbied the IC for sporting sanctions for Everton's and Forest's breaches. They could possibly do it, but I doubt they will. And if they do, they deserve everything they get.

Terry is a loon!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.