PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

A complete fiasco. None of these clubs have broken any law. They have not gone bust or failed to pay their debts. They have just shown ambition and invested in their business. Leicester have done great things in their local community. Why are they being persecuted along with City?
Owners not yanks surprise

Bang on there @Gazza. There was a bloke on facebooks football insider page who insisted he worked in a bookie’s and that City being 12/1 to get relegated must be evidence of some guilt.
Ycnmiu.
That’s a real mug price.
Under normal circumstances City would be around 2,000/1 for relegation,
so 12/1 or smaller must be seen as such a massive contraction as to prove guilt.
Pile on to a good thing that has shrunk from 2,000’s to 12’s ……must be loads of clever money on that!!
Bookies ain’t stupid.
Mugs and their money are soon parted.

Make the odds look like there's a chance of relegation and droves of idiots chuck money at them.

Deluded hope/enticing odds etc. if we were 2000/1 they'd take nothing, making us 12's makes it seem possible and after all surely everyone knows we're guilty. A winning return must be guaranteed, hell it's almost free money.

A fantastic moneymaker for the bookies.
I'm a betting trader, we don't set the odds you do by choosing which outcome to put your money on. The more money that goes on a particular outcome the lower the odds of that outcome becomes. It has to be that way because we work on something called an overround, essentially this means the odds are adjusted so whatever the actual outcome is we make the same profit.
The difference in odds of us winning the league and being relegated are irrelevant because those two markets are independent of each other.
The true odds of a market are more indicative at betting exchanges where the odds are set by traders buying and selling each side of the market at a price others are willing to accept (in much the same way stocks are bought and sold).
If you look at the trades for the two markets you mention you will see that they are not that dissimilar to the odds at the bookies.
https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/football/market/1.229393513
The truth of it is that if we were 2000/1 we would have taken on a lot more liability than we have, people would have then layed off their bets at the exchange for a huge profit and currently be sunning themselves on their private island in the Caribbean!

I'm a betting trader, we don't set the odds you do by choosing which outcome to put your money on. The more money that goes on a particular outcome the lower the odds of that outcome becomes. It has to be that way because we work on something called an overround, essentially this means the odds are adjusted so whatever the actual outcome is we make the same profit.
The difference in odds of us winning the league and being relegated are irrelevant because those two markets are independent of each other.
The true odds of a market are more indicative at betting exchanges where the odds are set by traders buying and selling each side of the market at a price others are willing to accept (in much the same way stocks are bought and sold).
If you look at the trades for the two markets you mention you will see that they are not that dissimilar to the odds at the bookies.

There are a few on here who really need to read this.

That’s a real mug price.
Under normal circumstances City would be around 2,000/1 for relegation,
so 12/1 or smaller must be seen as such a massive contraction as to prove guilt.
Pile on to a good thing that has shrunk from 2,000’s to 12’s ……must be loads of clever money on that!!
Bookies ain’t stupid.
Mugs and their money are soon parted.
It doesn't prove guilt it's basically a public opinion poll, see above.

Heard the Palace Chairman moaning that teams should follow the rules - which is quite easy for a team on the PL gravy train happy to finish between 12th to 17th every season confident that the teams coming are restricted and doomed to go down
I heard Parish at the end of last week on Talksport and I thought he was OK.

The truth of it is that if we were 2000/1 we would have taken on a lot more liability than we have, people would have then layed off their bets at the exchange for a huge profit and currently be sunning themselves on their private island in the Caribbean!
Thanks for the reply.

I know how betting and markets/over rounds work bud, only as an amateur but, I do think this one is a line cast out to catch some mugs by making it a 'reasonable' punting option by dropping the price.

It ain't going to happen anyway and I think @csit17 posted earlier in the thread, it'd likely be deemed a wriggle out void bet if the worst happened at a 'high at bookies'.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.

I know how betting and markets/over rounds work bud, only as an amateur but, I do think this one is a line cast out to catch some mugs by making it a 'reasonable' punting option by dropping the price.

It ain't going to happen anyway and I think @csit17 posted earlier in the thread, it'd likely be deemed a wriggle out void bet if the worst happened at a 'high at bookies'.
We can't manipulate the market from odds that should be 2000/1 down to 12/1 as you suggest. Lets say that bookies were offering 2000/1 but traders at BFEX would sell you that bet at 12/1:- So you buy £200 of city to go down at 2000/1 and then sell it at BFEX for 12/1, this simple trading calculator shows what your profit would be which in turn informs you of our exposure if we were to offer 2000/1.
I'm also not certain of the assertion that bets will be void as the market rules state that bets will be settled based on the league table.

IBAS1.JPG

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.