PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I'm a betting trader, we don't set the odds you do by choosing which outcome to put your money on. The more money that goes on a particular outcome the lower the odds of that outcome becomes. It has to be that way because we work on something called an overround, essentially this means the odds are adjusted so whatever the actual outcome is we make the same profit.
The difference in odds of us winning the league and being relegated are irrelevant because those two markets are independent of each other.
The true odds of a market are more indicative at betting exchanges where the odds are set by traders buying and selling each side of the market at a price others are willing to accept (in much the same way stocks are bought and sold).
If you look at the trades for the two markets you mention you will see that they are not that dissimilar to the odds at the bookies.
https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/football/market/1.229393513
The truth of it is that if we were 2000/1 we would have taken on a lot more liability than we have, people would have then layed off their bets at the exchange for a huge profit and currently be sunning themselves on their private island in the Caribbean!
What about the opening odds before anyone has bet anything?

We set them based on probability derived from any applicable data we have. In some instances we just set all possible outcomes at evens and let the market form itself. Not many trades are needed before the market sets itself anyway.
The wisdom of the crowd.

I always thought a soft bookmaker used WOTC while a sharp bookmaker backed its own information like Pinnacle.

Then a level up again you get a Company like Smartodds or Starlizard who take on and beat the bookies…mostly in Asian markets.

Last edited:
The wisdom of the crowd.

I always thought a soft bookmaker used WOTC while a sharp bookmaker backed its own information like Pinnacle.

Then a level up again you get a Company like Smartodds or Starlizard.
They are essentially value betters, very good ones but they are just spotting value in the market.

Bookies just copy the Betfair exchange, rarely will you find odds bigger at the Bookies then the exchange and if you do it won’t last long.

Just checked very little money has been matched on City to be relegated, I will worry when I see big money lining up to back City to be relegated at the minute it’s chancers/guessers at play with small stakes.

Also Masters finding himself “unable/unwelcome” to present the PL trophy to the four times champions speaks for itself. Khaldoon recently bigging-up Allison Brittain and the lady Chair of the FA tells me that Masters is fucked and the club are looking beyond his toxic regime with an eye to the future.
That is all something over nothing. What we need to understand is we have to work with the Premier League. It will not benefit our owners to make things too toxic. Our owners know what they are doing. Comments coming out on social media are just noise. With the greatest of respect the majority of people know f""k all about what is going on. It would have been better for everyone concerned that this case didn't come into the public knowledge. The media were only helping themselves when they pushed for it to be released. We are all going to have to sit back and wait to see what happens. As ever, speculation will always be the enemy of calm.

If I’m not mistaken there was a court case where they ruled against City & the League who both wanted the matter to be kept private. I doubt they realised what horrendous effects that judgement precipitated.

'The gutless shithousery of the minority'.

No sporting ambition, pride or integrity....but City are ruining football.

The long game played by the club is now in its 14th/15th year, and now just maybe, the scales are being lifted from some of our detractors eyes.

The irrational consequences of many of the red cartel influenced laws, are becoming clearer to an increasing number of clubs and fans.

The number of clubs in conflict & litigation with the PL is just one indicator of discord and distrust.

The unintended consequences of the ill thought out PSR rule may just be the wake up call.

Much of this is coming together in a delta leading up to our hearing.

It is SO important that City are cleared of all significant charges, forcing a beneficial change at the PL, and allowing common sense and sporting ability to be front and centre of the game.

Hopefully, the wider game will recognise the wisdom and fortitude of the Sheikh & Kool Hand ....and the malignant intentions of the red yank cartel.
I hope you are not being too optimistic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.