PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Thanks for the reply.

I know how betting and markets/over rounds work bud, only as an amateur but, I do think this one is a line cast out to catch some mugs by making it a 'reasonable' punting option by dropping the price.

It ain't going to happen anyway and I think @csit17 posted earlier in the thread, it'd likely be deemed a wriggle out void bet if the worst happened at a 'high at bookies'.
That’s what I thought.
They’re going to get a decent amount of interest at 12’s from those who are just dumb greedy and see nice profit rather than those who have analysed the market and the (un)likelihood of City’s relegation.

Parish Interestingly mentioned the "alleged " Independent panel can be challenged in the high court which occurred with one of his ex Managers so any attempted shenanigans should be seized on by Pannick and Co.
A friend of mine worships at the same synagogue in North London as Lord Pannick.

He says he's a top fella, a character, with a quite brilliant sniper like mind and memory.

I'm a betting trader, we don't set the odds you do by choosing which outcome to put your money on. The more money that goes on a particular outcome the lower the odds of that outcome becomes. It has to be that way because we work on something called an overround, essentially this means the odds are adjusted so whatever the actual outcome is we make the same profit.
The difference in odds of us winning the league and being relegated are irrelevant because those two markets are independent of each other.
The true odds of a market are more indicative at betting exchanges where the odds are set by traders buying and selling each side of the market at a price others are willing to accept (in much the same way stocks are bought and sold).
If you look at the trades for the two markets you mention you will see that they are not that dissimilar to the odds at the bookies.
https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/football/market/1.229393513
The truth of it is that if we were 2000/1 we would have taken on a lot more liability than we have, people would have then layed off their bets at the exchange for a huge profit and currently be sunning themselves on their private island in the Caribbean!
As has been said on here many times before - odds reflect the money not the probability. Great further explanation thankyou.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.