PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I was sagely informed by a United fan today that…

City have accepted full guilt and are instead working on arguing that Sheikh Mansour has plausible deniability

We are delaying frantically until 6 November as that is apparently some kind of cut-off date for being sued by other clubs

So that’s nice to know.
That’s the statute of limitations date. But it may not apply when fraud is alleged. In any case one PL club cannot sue another due to PL rules. The procedure is an independent commission. Unless I’ve missed something, we already have one which has the power to order City to pay damages to other clubs.

Last edited:

City have accepted full guilt and are instead working on arguing that Sheikh Mansour has plausible deniability

We are delaying frantically until 6 November as that is apparently some kind of cut-off date for being sued by other clubs

So that’s nice to know.

Veracrypt likes this.

Anyone else surprised the Chelsea investigation is already coming to an end?

Considering, they know it happened over multiple years(back to 2012 at the very least) and we know the PL went back to near the very start of Sheikh Mansour's era for the City investigation(2009). What does it say, that:

a) They haven't dragged their feet with this one and got straight to putting a case together? Unlike the City investigation.

or

b) They have half arsed the investigation and going to treat something very serious(which City would absolutely be fucked over, if they were in their shoes) as a minor breach and somehow claim there was no sporting advantage?

For answer a), no we aren't by the bullshit excuse that City, didn't co-operate because City say they did co-operate this time and in any case if the PL felt they weren't it doesn't take 5 years to decide that.

For answer b), the parallels to City's allegations are easy to draw. All the end points are there, how the allegations arrive there is just via a different route. Getting players they wouldn't have had, sporting advantages from said players, rivals losing out, multiple PL titles and multiple CL's gained(and CL money).
Have I missed something? Have Chelsea been charged?

So that’s nice to know.

It really makes you wonder just how many of their 659million loyal fuckwits have serious mental issues, and how many have not received treatment.

Have I missed something? Have Chelsea been charged?
No, just an answer from Richard Masters on the talkSport interview recently, where he said they are close to wrapping up the investigation already, in so many words. Here it is:

A lot of Chelsea fans seem to think they'll be fine because it was under a different ownership. That has never been a valid excuse in the past and it will easily be torn to shreds, if the PL tries that one, given how they've went after City. Self reporting shouldn't be a huge factor either, I imagine the PL had to do their due diligence just as much as ClearLake did before the takeover was approved. If they saw too much, I wouldn't be surprised if the PL were the ones who told them to report it.

Last edited:

So that’s nice to know.
I hope you reminded him that he was a know nothing prick.

So that’s nice to know.
verrückt-verwirrt.gif

That’s the statute of limitations date. But it may not apply when fraud is alleged. In any case one PL club cannot sue another due to PL rules. The procedure is an independent commission. Unless I’ve missed something, we already have one which has the power to order City to pay damages to other clubs.
I've said before that I don't buy the fraud argument. If I'm right and fraud isn't seen as an avenue to go down then the 6-year limitation comes into play. If they follow the logic that CAS used then the key date will be the date that the PL made public the alleged breaches and passed the case to the IC. That was February 2023, so the cut-off date for alleged breaches will be Feb 2017, meaning all the 2016/17 FY will be in scope.

That leaves maybe one year of both Fordham (although that arrangement may have ceased by then) and Etihad, with the earlier part of the Etihad contract, all the Etisalat one and the Mancini contract time-barred in theory.

With Fordham, it's quite possible that after the 2015 discussion with UEFA, we either stopped the arrangement or, more likely in my opinion, added it to our own wage bill. If that's the case, then there would be no case to answer for the 2017 FY.

And UEFA only queried the Etihad payments in 2013, 2014 and 2016, not 2015 or 2017.

I was also thinking about points deductions. The IC's rationale for these was that the clubs so punished had gained a sporting advantage by spending more than they were entitled to under PSR. But what if we were found to have breached PL rules with the Fordham arrangement, and when the amounts were added back we were still within PSR/FFP? In that case, it would be arguable that there was no sporting advantage as it was an accounting issue only. That would merit a fine.

Last edited:

So that’s nice to know.
We're you working at the asylum or just visiting?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.