PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Something I dream about is that Pep is holding the PL to ransom. They want him gone, and as far as I can see the timeline has been :
Charges announced
Drags on and on with not even a start date
Pep announces he might leave
The PL announces a date for the hearing.

Pep to me right now doesnt look or act like a manager who is leaving.

I dream though.

That is all something over nothing. What we need to understand is we have to work with the Premier League. It will not benefit our owners to make things too toxic. Our owners know what they are doing. Comments coming out on social media are just noise. With the greatest of respect the majority of people know f""k all about what is going on. It would have been better for everyone concerned that this case didn't come into the public knowledge. The media were only helping themselves when they pushed for it to be released. We are all going to have to sit back and wait to see what happens. As ever, speculation will always be the enemy of calm.
Khaldoon and Soriano are clearly very angry at the PL CEO and the current regime at the PL - that is clear from Khaldoon’s demeanour and unofficial comments from Soriano. By heaping praise on the Chair at the PL (and the FA) while maintaining a deafening silence regarding dead-man-walking Masters, they are looking to future improved relations. We will not be burning any bridges. It may have been better if these matters were confidential but our enemies have made sure that public opinion is against us through leaks, negative spin, briefings and black propaganda. This has been enthusiastically supported by the current PL Executives through the weaponised framing of the allegations, leaks during the process and failure to punish those responsible for leaks and anti-City briefings to the media. These matters are not social media speculation - they are clear.

Something I dream about is that Pep is holding the PL to ransom. They want him gone, and as far as I can see the timeline has been :
Charges announced

I dream though.
It is pretty clear he is staying at least one more season after this. I don’t believe he will leave till the court case is sorted and he wants to win the first proper Club World Cup next Summer.

Khaldoon and Soriano are clearly very angry at the PL CEO and the current regime at the PL - that is clear from Khaldoon’s demeanour and unofficial comments from Soriano. By heaping praise on the Chair at the PL (and the FA) while maintaining a deafening silence regarding dead-man-walking Masters, they are looking to future improved relations. We will not be burning any bridges. It may have been better if these matters were confidential but our enemies have made sure that public opinion is against us through leaks, negative spin, briefings and black propaganda. This has been enthusiastically supported by the current PL Executives through the weaponised framing of the allegations, leaks during the process and failure to punish those responsible for leaks and anti-City briefings to the media. These matters are not social media speculation - they are clear.
Nail on the head. Nothing has come from the City side. The publicity has been generated by leaks and briefings from a few rival clubs who are in the loop with the PL leadership. The same tactics have been used against Everton and Leicester. All the financial details are supposed to be confidential. This does not happen by accident.

Nail on the head. Nothing has come from the City side. The publicity has been generated by leaks and briefings from a few rival clubs who are in the loop with the PL leadership. The same tactics have been used against Everton and Leicester. All the financial details are supposed to be confidential. This does not happen by accident.
The problem is EVERY single PL club benefits from City being punished. There are literally 19 potential culprits for the leaks as they will all benefit from City being done over in some shape or form.

The problem is EVERY single PL club benefits from City being punished. There are literally 19 potential culprits for the leaks as they will all benefit from City being done over in some shape or form.
Perhaps you are right. But quite a few PL clubs have made money off good transfer deals with us. The PL governance structure is not fit for purpose. Commercial rivals should not be able to strangle competitors. That said I am certain the prime movers against City have been LFC, MUFC (pre-Ratcliffe), Arsenal, and Spurs. They are the leaders of the hateful 8.

Charges announced

I dream though.
Pep has said he will decide his future later in the year.
November: The charges get thrown out. Pep immediately announces he's staying for
another year. Boiled piss all around on an epic scale.

Correct.
I believe, as I always have, that City will prevail as right is on our side.
Will it be a "pyrrhic" victory though?
That scenario needs to be avoided at all costs.
I think that when we win, if the PL sack Masters and maybe a few key execs (Head of Legal etc) we will mend our fences with the new regime. There has to be a ‘body count’ though to show the world the PL was wrong and close the matter. This has been too big, too serious and too painful for us just to let it pass.

It is pretty clear he is staying at least one more season after this. I don’t believe he will leave till the court case is sorted and he wants to win the first proper Club World Cup next Summer.
In this club World cup are other nations teams (those other than UEFA) equally financially hampered by FFP & PSR, if not, how is it a level playing field?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.