PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

These kinds of posts are utter bollocks.

None of the above will mean a thing if there is ample evidence of rules being breached.

There’s either ample evidence or there isn’t.

If there is we’ll be punished, regardless of the UAE or kings on camelback or any other such imaginary nonsense.
Not sure I agree. There would be no direct interference with the Panel but I would think the UK Govt would not want the UAE to be totally pissed off if for example we got a severe penalty resulting in relegation. I am coming around to the conclusion that we may face a 30 or 40 point penalty if the majority of the charges stick. This is not likely to be enough to relegate us but will of course put us out of Europe.

Not sure I agree. There would be no direct interference with the Panel but I would think the UK Govt would not want the UAE to be totally pissed off if for example we got a severe penalty resulting in relegation. I am coming around to the conclusion that we may face a 30 or 40 point penalty if the majority of the charges stick. This is not likely to be enough to relegate us but will of course put us out of Europe.

That would be a huge sickener

Not necessarily if City win the Champions League this season?

Great article that my friend; I just which you’d emphasised the fact that the time limits are as much a part of the PL rules as the rules we have been accused of breaking. Arguably more so, as they supervene them eventually.

The press talk about the time limits as if they are a legal loophole. They are not. They are a key, core rule and understood by all parties at the outset.

Anyone who considers them as a legal loophole is a know nowt ****.

Yep most of that's right but what he actually said on that video clip was, we'd get a massive points deduction of around 40 points but we'd still stay up.
Fair play tbf i just read the article quoting him i havent seen the video, did he give any reasoning for the points deduction number or like with everything else was he plucking it out of thin air.

The CAS witness evidence on this was broad and unequivocal:

Mr James Hogan, former President and CEO of Etihad: “The sponsorship obligations were paid out of Etihad’s own funds”

Mr Simon Pearce, Non-Executive Director of MCFC: "Neither ADUG nor [HHSM] funded any of Etihad’s sponsorship obligations”

Mr Ahmed Ali Al Sayegh, Board Member of Etihad Aviation Group and Chairman of the Board Finance and Investment Committee:

"[Etihad] did not receive any payments from ADUG or [HHSM] or any person or entity controlled or influenced by them, whether directly or indirectly in relation to any of the Sponsorship Agreements, whether by way of advance funding or subsequent reimbursement."

Mr Henning Zur Hausen, General Counsel and
Company Secretary of Etihad Aviation Group:

"All sponsorship fees payable by the Company under the Sponsorship Agreements have been and are being paid from the [Etihad’s] general funds and from sources available to the Company…[Etihad] did not receive any payments from [ADUG] or [HHSM] in relation to any of the Sponsorship Agreements.

Mr Tony Douglas, then Group Chief Executive Officer of Etihad, now CEO of Riyadh Air confirmed that Mr Zur Hausen's evidence was entirely correct and stated:

"For the avoidance of doubt, I also confirm that the sources available to the [Etihad] have never included (whether directly or indirectly) [ADUG], [HHSM], or any person or entity controlled or influenced by them.....I confirm, for the avoidance of doubt, that [Etihad] has never received any money whatsoever from [ADUG] or [HHSM] or any person or entity controlled or influenced by them, whether directly or indirectly."

Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan in writing confirmed:

“I can confirm that I have not authorised ADUG to make any payments to Etihad, Etisalat or any of their affiliates in relation to their sponsorship of [MCFC], nor have I authorised or arranged or anyone else to make any such payments to them. I can also confirm that I have not made any such payments myself."

If the pl are successful in proving this business people lied. Is it possible that these business people would take the pl to court to clear their names ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.