PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Would you prefer Masters did it?

I know the KCs appointed by the PL should be wholly independent but, the judges appointed at CAS by a combination of UEFA and City were supposed to be wholly objective and independent but (and this is my concern) the UEFA appointed judge voted in favour of UEFA even in the face of no substantive evidence being produced by UEFA. What’s to stop the same happening at the IP where the PL nominate and retain all the KC’s?

I know the KCs appointed by the PL should be wholly independent but, the judges appointed at CAS by a combination of UEFA and City were supposed to be wholly objective and independent but (and this is my concern) the UEFA appointed judge voted in favour of UEFA even in the face of no substantive evidence being produced by UEFA. What’s to stop the same happening at the IP where the PL nominate and retain all the KC’s?

I think over the last 2 years.. everyone has worried about the same thing.

But there are 3 things in our favor:

1. It's a lot harder to prove guilt vs innocence (look at Greenwood FFS)

2. Any verdict that harms us would be held upto English law standards and not some internal rule that Red Cartel crafted as our legal team isn't a pushover.

3. If we went to court over PSR already.. what makes you think we won't over this if its not in our favor? And to emphasize #2 we have the finances to fight with Quintillions of oil money in the bank. Does the PL have even a billion to fight this?

P.S. Thanks for buying and riding gas powered vehicles which take you to and from work everyday.

*repeats self for the thousandth time* whatever decision the KCs come to they have to give sound legal reasoning to do so and publish that evidence if it is anything one iota below legally binding and iron clad it will be torn to shreds and their credibility and professional career will go down with it, as much as its important to everyone on here it just isnt that important to highly established professionals who have spent their whole life to get to this point, the idea that these KCs can find us guilty because the press and the red tops really really want them to simply cannot happen.

*repeats self for the thousandth time* whatever decision the KCs come to they have to give sound legal reasoning to do so and publish that evidence if it is anything one iota below legally binding and iron clad it will be torn to shreds and their credibility and professional career will go down with it, as much as its important to everyone on here it just isnt that important to highly established professionals who have spent their whole life to get to this point, the idea that these KCs can find us guilty because the press and the red tops really really want them to simply cannot happen.

We're in an international poker game where everyone's cheating.

I think we're beyond cannot happen and already at the.. they will be made to pay if they do anything of the sort.. kind of negotiation behind closed doors.

Colin, is it possible that the PL actually agree with your view of time barring and see that as their get-out. Where they can say to all their red backers we did our best but.....
Also their primary objective of dragging our name through the mud would have been achieved.
I suspect that is indeed the PL's strategy. "We did our best guv, honest, but..." .

It's hard to know how/when any limitation will be applied in practice though. I used the same reasoning that the CAS panel used for setting the time limit (i.e. when the charges were laid and passed to the appropriate body), but the PL's IC could take a completely different approach and use Feb 2019 as the benchmark, or even the original publication of the Der Spiegel articles. Makes no difference to the substance of the case though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.