PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I think it might be a good time (it always is!) to say again (as I and others said repeatedly in the months leading up to the CAS hearing) that I trust those running our club to run our club better than any other and to ensure that no rules at all are broken in doing so. Furthermore I trust no-one as much as Lord Pannick to present our case as cogently, compellingly and convincingly as is possible so that we read again a judgement which stresses that our accusers "brought no evidence" to support their case. How the press and the fans of "other" clubs greet such an outcome is of no interest at all and they can employ themselves in private to find a place where they can store the judgement. I think we can suggest somewhere dark where the sunlight will never fade it.
Are you trying to insinuate that the City management and legal teams may be more commercially, financially, and legally astute than a bunch of red twats who have no idea what they are talking about on their vacuous rants?

Thanks for that. I'm not a big fan of registering to every website just to get a single article. I thought maybe someone had archived it .....

All any **** does is speculate as to the consequences of a finding against the club.

Why does no **** seem to speculate as to the consequences for the PL if we are cleared?

Absolutely fucking bizarre.
There's no sensationalism in us being cleared. I'd imagine, as much as we'd like the club to go nuclear on our enemies, it would be a case of "as you were" and everyone moves on. That doesn't create website clicks and ad revenue.

But the media whipping the red shirts into a frenzy about City being relegated, stripped of titles, Pep quitting, and being exposed as cheats.......well, there's plenty of revenue to be made on the back of that.

It’s relevant albeit loosely but thought this little snippet was interesting

Without having all the dots it wouldn’t seem likely that Newcastle have had to settle with HMRC the tx/nic/interest re payments made to agents.

The reference to Nic would suggest to me that the payments in question relate to sums paid by NUFC in relation to players own liabilities in effect making them Benefits in Kind.

If that is correct that has to mean is that NUFC have understated the sums paid to players if for no other reason that NUFC paying the tax means the initial P11D submissions re benefits in kind almost certainly will have been grossed up but by making further tax/nic payments to HMRC the original numbers will be incorrect

I believe that Man U still have a similar matter on going .
I thought that was all about image rights, which don't attract tax or NI at source as they're paid gross to limited companies set up by the players. Obviously the more you pay as image rights, the less tax & NI goes to HMRC. They set a rule of thumb on how much of a player's overall remuneration could be paid as image rights, which was 10% unless there's a good reason for it to be more. That's usually because the player is more marketable (think Haaland, Ronaldo, etc.)

You can add a nought onto that £10m for united's potential liability, I'm told.

I’m relatively cynical about the media, but still astonished by this.

That hardly anyone is asking the question about the implication if we are cleared. It’s genuinely nuts that virtually no-one is.
No clicks in that. Plus no one in the media really has much, if any, understanding of the situation, which is why we still get comments like "115 charges, so they have to be guilty of something".

No clicks in that. Plus no one in the media really has much, if any, understanding of the situation, which is why we still get comments like "115 charges, so they have to be guilty of something".
Suntan Charlie on Talkshite was patronising Stefan on our irrefutable claim,as if we should present our defence before the prosecution charges.Keeps the clicks and money rolling in for our redshirt bitters.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.