PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

A glaring fuck up that was initially waved through by the so called independent panel…. Not only shows the PL to be incompetent but their panel of legal experts haven’t exactly covered themselves in glory and have undermined their credibility too. Add to that the tone of the PLs statement which seemed to indicate a narrative of disappointment that the (so called) independent panel had finally shown some er independence in the appeal process. The sooner the government introduces a regulatory body the better - the PL are extraordinarily incompetent and seem to be able to demonstrate it at every turn. No one can have any faith in Masters - who frankly would be out of his depth in a puddle.
The tone of the rebuttal says it all for me.

Highlights the PL as definitely being a ‘vested interest’ party with an agenda rather than a supposedly independent body themselves.

2 messages in 12 months. Mmm.....

Do you genuinely think If the premier league had us bang to rights then they'd have waited 4 years to destroy us after going to court with City to stop it becoming common knowledge
Agree with you there. If they had us bang to rights, they would have swiftly dealt with us.

The longer it has dragged on, the chances of them having us totally banged to rights have weakened. I feel they want us to take a pinch and do a deal but we are past that point. They have tarnished us far too long for any deals to be made, it's put up or shut up time for them now and face the consequences if we are cleared of these charges.

Agree with you there. If they had us bang to rights, they would have swiftly dealt with us.

The longer it has dragged on, the chances of them having us totally banged to rights have weakened. I feel they want us to take a pinch and do a deal but we are past that point. They have tarnished us far too long for any deals to be made, it's put up or shut up time for them now and face the consequences if we are cleared of these charges.
We’ve already taken the pinch.

I actually am not as optimistic as most people here. I think we'll got done for some but not all charges. And I'm not referring to non-cooperation. I find it incredibly unlikely that they've dragged this on for as long as they have, and without dropping any charges, to not have high confidence some things will stick.
Hello.

Meh. I could write it now based on "executives of PL clubs have told me", "an ex-coach of a rival club said", " insiders have indicated", "senior sports lawyers are of the opinion" and the like. You are overestimating how much in the press is informed and how much is purely speculative.
For “purely speculative” read “outright lies.”

Possibly. What do you base that on? Just a feeling?

In my view, they have no chance of making the most serious allegations (funding of sponsorships and filing incorrect accounts) stick simply because, like UEFA, they won't have access to the evidence necessary to prove it whereas the club will have access to reams of counter-evidence to disprove it.

So what is left? The rest of the "financial" allegations are all old allegations, as far as we know, and will be time limited unless the PL can show fraud or deliberate concealment. Not easy. There are plenty of counter arguments for Mancini and Fordham. But, tbf, we don't know enough about Fordham and Toure to conclude, really. There may be terms in Fordham that affect the club's results. Toure may be the PL's best chance, but again it's difficult to assess without more information and the club so far generally seems to have had good arguments to support anything that has happened. And let's not forget the club made a very strong statement when the allegations were announced and have, apparently, turned down the offer of a settlement. So they must be confident.

Finally, I am not so sure non-cooperation is as easy to prove as some might think and the rest (PL FFP and UEFA licensing) fall away if the serious charges aren't proven, I think.

Disagree with any of that?
Not at all, I just think that all of this is based on the facts and info we know so far. We do not have any of the new info/evidence the PL will use (if they even have any), so I'm hesitant to build confidence without any knowledge of their new "findings".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.