PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

And as sure as eggs are eggs @kevlardog doesn't respond to a direct question.
In all my years on here you tend to spot the behaviour of wums. They are negative, don't really respond to questions put to them, don't bring anything to the conversation and have low post counts despite being members for a while.
This geezer ticks all the boxes.
Bloody hell you’ve just described me bar the low post count ;-)

Due to unrelenting red cartel pressure, the PL are engaged in multiple lines of attack against the Etihad Airways sponsorship. The highly dubious, potentially obsolete APT rules we're used to refuse a 20% markup in a sponsorship renewal. We don't know if any additional services were to be provided by the club. This issue is being contesed in the 'other' legal case.
The Etihad 115 historical charges seem to be based entirely on the alleged content of criminally obtained emails that were proven to be doctored at CAS2020. I don't wish to underestimate the seriousness of the non Etihad charges, but to hazard a guess Etihad represents 80% of the weight of the charges in terms possible sanctions.
Let's take a glance at Etihad Airways other sponsorships that for some reason are welcomed the world over by numerous governing bodies without one iota of controversy or suspicion, we can only wonder why ?

Manchester City Women
Melbourne City FC
New York City FC
Melbourne Formula 1
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Chennai Super Kings
Washington Wizards
Washington Capitals
Washington Mystics
Australian Football League (AFL)
Etihad Stadium Melbourne
Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship
ATP World Tennis Tour
UCI World Cycling Tour

Could it be the only time sponsorship by Etihad Airways is problematic is when they sponsor a mens team in direct competition with the rags, the dipps and the tarqs... know what I mean like, laaaa....
One email was revealed to have been two welded together, but I don’t think that City have ever denied the authenticity of the others.
The PL’s case is indeed based entirely around those emails, but, given the seemingly damning nature of their content, the fact that we’re dealing with a ‘balance of probabilities’ hearing, and all set against a backdrop of a relentless media smear campaign, we would be foolish to assume a slam dunk victory. I take solace in the fact that we seem well prepared and willing to contest absolutely everything.

Still waiting for HMRC and the fraud squad to get involved.

After all we're being accused of cooking the books and submitting false figures.

Exactly.

If there really was evidence of false accounting then it wouldn't be a three man panel connected to a football organisation doing the investigating and trial.

It would be the financial authorities, the serious crimes unit, HMRC, the police and the crown court.

Exactly.

If there really was evidence of false accounting then it wouldn't be a three man panel connected to a football organisation doing the investigating and trial.

It would be the financial authorities, the serious crimes unit, HMRC, the police and the crown court.
And I'd like to add that the post of @jacko74 saying he'd like to see every other club get the same scrutiny and investigation as us was an excellent shout.

One email was revealed to have been two welded together, but I don’t think that City have ever denied the authenticity of the others.
The PL’s case is indeed based entirely around those emails, but, given the seemingly damning nature of their content, the fact that we’re dealing with a ‘balance of probabilities’ hearing, and all set against a backdrop of a relentless media smear campaign, we would be foolish to assume a slam dunk victory. I take solace in the fact that we seem well prepared and willing to contest absolutely everything.
I don't think that we know what the PL's case depends on. It may be based exclusively on emails, even many more than the 6 (?!) UEFA brought forward and, though CAS judged them to be admissible it refused to accept that, in themselves, they proved anything. CAS is governed by Swiss law, I believe, but its rulings, I believe are given on the balance of probabilities. I think we are unnecessarily worried about the balance of probabilities. Certainly the burden of proof may not have to be as heavy as it would have to be to convince beyond reasonable (let us note this word) doubt but let's remember that it is not the rabid season ticket holder of a rival club who hates the sight of City who has to be convinced. It is a reasonable, open minded and objective "expert" and/or lawyer who has to believe that the evidence presented means it is probable that City have broken some/all of the rules they are alleged to have broken. CAS found that the emails failed completely to do this because there was absolutely no evidence at all to corroborate UEFA's interpretation of them, while City put forward a convincing and compelling interpretation of them with "incontravertible" evidence to support that interpretation. If the PL are relying on emails for their case they need some pretty good supporting evidence or they won't convince anyone that City are "probably" in breach of any rule.

City produced the originals for CAS so they were real, including the one that was concatenated together from two separate emails to make it read worse (I wonder why any media outlet saw the need to do that?). There was a further small number released (Mancini and the Fordham image rights ones I think) later.

There is so much wrong with the post you're responding to that I couldn't be arsed correcting them. You'd have thought by this point that Blues at least would know the facts as far as they've been released.

I'm continually told how dodgy our Etihad sponsorship is, a rag acquaintance suggested it was an outlier, very weird, I sent him this list purely to show how common it is...

Here is a list of major sporting sponsorships by Middle Eastern airlines, these are absolutely perfect in every way, pure as the driven snow and that applies to the other UAE airline Emirates...

1. Emirates
- Arsenal FC (Stadium naming rights & shirt sponsor)
-Real Madrid CF (Shirt sponsor)
- AC Milan (Shirt sponsor)
- Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) (Shirt sponsor)
- Hamburger SV (Shirt sponsor)
- World Rugby (Global partner of Rugby World Cup)
- International Cricket Council (ICC) (Sponsor)
- US Open Tennis (Sponsor)
- Formula 1 (Global partner)

2. Qatar Airways
- FC Barcelona (Former shirt sponsor)
- Bayern Munich (Sleeve sponsor)
- AS Roma(Shirt sponsor)
- CONMEBOL Competitions** (Official airline sponsor, including Copa Libertadores)
- FIFA (Sponsor of the FIFA World Cup)
- Formula E (Official airline partner)
- Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) (Official airline partner)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.