PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

And as sure as eggs are eggs @kevlardog doesn't respond to a direct question.
In all my years on here you tend to spot the behaviour of wums. They are negative, don't really respond to questions put to them, don't bring anything to the conversation and have low post counts despite being members for a while.
This geezer ticks all the boxes.

I always see them as post aggregators! You need bullshit posts to get responses if everyone agreed no one would post hardly! Mainly I ignore them but they do entice me to post

What if I actually do mean I think you are taking me going on Redmen too seriously? Because that’s what I think. I mean it’s, at worst, neutral in its impact. There isn’t a single person seeing this thumbnail whose view will be changed. There maybe some that watch because of it and learn it really all isn’t as simple as they’d been led to believe. With respect, I don’t think I’m going to change my approach and sometimes maybe it will go wrong. I don’t think it’s very serious either way.

PS have you actually watched the video? Be honest

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

Under unrelenting red cartel pressure, the PL are engaged in multiple lines of attack against the Etihad Airways sponsorship. The highly dubious, potentially obsolete APT rules we're used to refuse a 20% markup in a sponsorship renewal. We don't know if any additional services were to be provided by the club. This issue is being contesed in the 'other' legal case.
The Etihad 115 historical charges seem to be based entirely on the alleged content of criminally obtained emails that were proven to be doctored at CAS2020. I don't wish to underestimate the seriousness of the non Etihad charges, but to hazard a guess Etihad represents 80% of weight of charges in terms possible sanctions.
Let's take a glance at Etihad Airways other sponsorships that some reason are welcomed the world over by numerous governing bodies without one iota of controversy or suspicion, we can only wonder why ?

Manchester City Women
Melbourne City FC
New York City FC
Melbourne Formula 1
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Chennai Super Kings
Washington Wizards
Washington Capitals
Washington Mystics
Australian Football League (AFL)
Etihad Stadium Melbourne
Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship
ATP World Tennis Tour
UCI World Cycling Tour

Could it be the only time sponsorship by Etihad Airways is problematic is when they sponsor a mens team in direct competition with the rags, the dipps and the tarqs... know what I mean like, laaaa....

It’s not a scatter gun approach, they sponsor clubs / destinations they fly to. E.g Manchester, Melbourne NY, stadiums & clubs. Its not just City.

I'm not sure that this sounds much like Dylan Thomas, or any decent poetry, but AI seems to think we need not worry. (Would Harris or Masters asking the same get a different answer?) I've punctuated it and sorted it into stanzas, but not touched the words.

"Write a Poem about Manchester City's 115 charges in style of Dylan Thomas"

ChatGPT said:​

In the silent streets of the Etihad,
Where sky-blue dreams collide with dusk,
A whispering wind of shadows falls.
On fields where glory once wore a crown.
The echoes of old, the thunder's rustle,
Roar within the cavernous halls.

115 murmurings, like ancient grievances,
Stir in the hearts of those who cherish
The dance of ball and boot, the grace,
The long night grappling with dawn’s light.
Oh, City, beloved, in triumph bathed,
Now swayed by whispers, fate’s stern face.

Under the moon, the howls grow louder,
The specter of justice breathes its chill.
In the fog-bound alleys, the faithful wander,
Wondering if the gods are still.
Is it the fall of a titan, the reckoning’s hour,
Or merely a tempest, a fleeting thrill?

Let not the light wane, nor spirits falter,
For in the heart of tempest's wail
Resides the courage to rebuild, alter,
To write anew the hero's tale.
Through the night, to the dawn unshaken,
Rise, City, rise, the truth prevail.

In the cauldron of the Etihad,
Where shadows mingle with the roar,
In the blue we trust, undaunted, glad,
To face the storm and seek the shore.
For in the end, beneath the heavens,
Only the stars of truth endure.

"ChatGPT can make mistakes."
It can't spell 'spectre' either.

I actually am not as optimistic as most people here. I think we'll got done for some but not all charges. And I'm not referring to non-cooperation. I find it incredibly unlikely that they've dragged this on for as long as they have, and without dropping any charges, to not have high confidence some things will stick.
ok let me try and explain in a layman term ,
If you throw loads of shit on the wall hoping some would stick but weather it sticks or not you still have to clean up rest of the leftover dry shit. As some wiseman said , more you poke a dry shit , more it stinks.
So you tell me who is going to put a bell around the pussy’s neck and clean up shits?

Can you imagine the amount of column inches dedicated to the outrage if Liverpool had been charged by UEFA for something, banned from Europe for two years, and then had to go to an independent appeals process who reversed the decision, confirmed that they had not cooked the books but still fined them mega-ding for non-cooperation.

The outrage about bloody UEFA attacking a British institution would be off the scale. David Conn would be deep-diving into the evidence, Zeigler and Panja writing uninformed "its not fair" articles, UEFA officials buses bricked etc etc..

And what did we hear.... tumbleweed....
We did get it when the whole ticket scam of the champions league final in Paris a few years back,everyone was to blame uefa,French police and stewards at the stadium,bar those who were the root and cause of the majority of it fans with fake tickets,were are these incidents when other clubs play in finals ..

I doubt their Paris experience was anymore shit than our Turkish delight. UEFA have formally apologised to those cunts and us, well tumbleweed again.

But there's no double standards regarding our club and our fans dont worry.
Unfortunately, one of the principal reasons there has been little or nothing of a UEFA response on the Istanbul chaos, is because City have steadfastly refused to accept or admit that anything even happened, let alone complain about it. Whether the general double standards is why City threw its own fans under the bus on that issue, who knows, but we didn’t help ourselves on that one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.