PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

That is pretty much my view in a nutshell.

The one point I don’t understand and maybe one of our legal experts can explain.
To accuse us of effectively cooking the books. They would need access to said books and the detail of the transactions.
I am pretty sure they haven’t.
So how can the PL get away with charging city on that with no evidence.
They could throw the same allegation out to any club in the league.
They should not be allowed to do so without substantial evidence
It is access to the documents in each accounts “bin” that they hoped would provide evidence. They asked for thousands of these docs.

My point is more about changing us without the evidence. Charging us by assumption
The emails don't look good in isolation, so it's not without evidence. But as CAS showed emails can look bad and then have perfectly fine reasons for them and/or doesn't mean it has happened.

The emails don't look good in isolation, so it's not without evidence. But as CAS showed emails can look bad and then have perfectly fine reasons for them and/or doesn't mean it has happened.
So basically the PL are barking up the same wrong tree as UEFA
That’s how I have seen it all along. It just puzzles me that the PL are stupid enough to do the same

So for £67.5 million per anum (1.5% of mean annual revenue), do Etihad Airways sponsors of the football World Champions receive value for money ?

Off the top of my head, they receive the following services:-

1 A large part of Manchester M11 has been named the Etihad campus for over a decade now.

2 The Etihad Airways stadium sign is seen by millions of passengers flying into Manchester Airport on the east Manc inbound route.

3 The millions of people who have seen Etihad Airways ads during visits to the stadium for games/concerts/conferences etc.

4 The hundreds of millions of people who have seen Etihad Airways on MCFC kits (men and women) during televised games

5 The millions of MCFC/Etihad references seen daily on digital platforms all over the globe, news, social media etc

6 The millions of passengers who have flown on Etihad Airways aircraft painted in the beautiful sky blue MCFC livery.

7 The millions of replica kits worn around the world by fans with the ’can’t miss’ Etihad Airways brand on display

8 The Manchester Metro Etihad station, used/seen by hundreds of thousands of rag commuters.

How does that lot compare to the dipps for receiving £50 per anum for Standard Chartered on their kits?, is it Fair Market Value ?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.