PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

You're contradicting yourself there tho, if you have faith in them and that they are on the up and up then you dont need to be nervous, if you choose to believe the press (who lie for a living) social media which is inherent bollocks and the desperate rambling of opposition fans who are confirming their desperate bias over the words of people who have done everything they said they were going to do and then some then you dont have faith in them and all they have done has been for nought.

The choice is yours and either way is understandable but i know where my money lies.
The contradictory language no doubt comes from 1% uncertainty
Have they got something we dont know about??
Yes - i`m 99% but nervous about these sneaky fukers

The contradictory language no doubt comes from 1% uncertainty
Have they got something we dont know about??
Yes - i`m 99% but nervous about these sneaky fukers
but thats the point im making, to assume they have something we dont know about would be to assume there is something to have and therefore we arent on the up and up.

but thats the point im making, to assume they have something we dont know about would be to assume there is something to have and therefore we arent on the up and up.
Do you honestly think that ANY club is whiter than white & hasn't done thing's they shouldn't, to try to gain an advantage ?
I'd be fucking amazed if there are any clubs that hasn't, at some time or other.

Do you honestly think that ANY club is whiter than white & hasn't done thing's they shouldn't, to try to gain an advantage ?
I'd be fucking amazed if there are any clubs that hasn't, at some time or other.
Definitely the case that all clubs have skeletons in their Boardrooms.
Will bet that if City get a severe punishment, the deep-diving from our accountants and lawyers into other clubs' financial affairs, will be off the Richter scale...

What is it you are worried about? Just no smoke without fire? Or anything more specific?
Personally my confidence has been degraded by the huge profit we made on transfers this summer. If we had spent more of it rather than banking such a profit it would give me more confidence but I have a small nagging fear we are keeping all the money for a (minimum) anticipated huge fine etc. this way we will be able to now pay a huge fine and not be on the ‘back foot’ for future seasons. Almost similar to how banks often put 100s of millions aside for anticipated bad debt or other anticipated fines for AML etc. in their annual returns.

Personally my confidence has been degraded by the huge profit we made on transfers this summer. If we had spent more of it rather than banking such a profit it would give me more confidence but I have a small nagging fear we are keeping all the money for a (minimum) anticipated huge fine etc. this way we will be able to now pay a huge fine and not be on the ‘back foot’ for future seasons. Almost similar to how banks often put 100s of millions aside for anticipated bad debt or other anticipated fines for AML etc. in their annual returns.
Two players left the squad, one of whom hardly ever played, and two came in. We didn't need to sign anybody else and the days of spending money on players for the sake of it are hopefully behind us. If a suitable backup striker for Haaland was available we might have been tempted, and still might be in January.

The fines are paid by CFG, I think. So it doesn't matter.

If the club was preparing for a big sporting sanction like a transfer ban, they should be spending, spending, spending.

If the club was anticipating relegation or a points deduction so big it leads to relegation, then yes, maybe good to stabilise costs but then why the rumours of a bumper new contract for Haaland, or why continue investing in the new stand?

I get that people look at everything that is happening through a 115 lens, but there are just as many positive messages from the club as there are negative. I don't think we can realistically determine anything from any of them.

You should also note that a lot of the profit was made because Alvarez suddenly stated he wanted to leave and the club did a great job of getting £80m for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.