PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

“Irrefutable evidence” our club said. And I’m good with that.

They’re not perfect, look at the disabled parking debacle, or the invitation to Joel Glazer to put a message on our website extolling the virtues of the super league, but in purely football matters related to the club itself, they have not put a foot wrong.

I can’t get away from the fact that Khaldoon in particular operates at a level that is SO far above the Neanderthals in charge of the PL. As a club we will have been only too well aware of the obstacles put in front of us from the very beginning and there is no way in hell we would have been so utterly stupid as to leave a convenient paper trail like a Hansel and Gretal trail of crumbs, leading to evidence of our wilfully breaking their rules.
Instead we have skirted right up to the edge, as all successful clubs do, but stayed within the letter of the rules.
I love the fact that we have, in effect, used the very rules that were brought in to trap us as a means of cementing our position at the very top of world football.
Bit not as much as I love the fact that the click bait merchants and outright racists in the media have one heck of a reckoning coming and they have no idea. They’re still clinging to the belief that they’ve “got us” when actually the exact opposite is true.

It’s beautiful in its brilliance and there’s only a few months to wait now until the powers that be are left publicly hanging by their own petard.

Do you honestly think that ANY club is whiter than white & hasn't done thing's they shouldn't, to try to gain an advantage ?
I'd be fucking amazed if there are any clubs that hasn't, at some time or other.
It depends what you consider to be whiter than white i think all clubs have employed creative accounting methods and bent the rules ever so slightly but what they are accusing us of is outright fraud and that is a different animal altogether.

i ve have been a blue since 1970.
Hardcore bertie !!

Although i have great faith in our owner , Khaldoon and his team.
Who have delivered on every level and appear totally soncere.
I am Nervous about the case.
Maybe its the constant negativity attached to us at every turn,evry program,tweet,pub chat...ect.
The old smoke without fire comes to mind.
or is the smoke generated by the cartel.

Sick of the negativity attached to our unprecedented success

C`mon Blues. Lets get this thing over the line
I think we're all nervous about the charges and we're all confident at the same time. I remember PB saying he was never anything but completely confident about proceedings at CAS but had never been as nervous as he was throughout the week end before the ruling was published! I think we have to trust our club and the people at it. I would refer you to the Future's Blue's post and mancboy's post at 8.41 today. There are others which make the same point: we have absolutely no reason to believe anything reported by the media or said by the PL, but we have every reason to believe every word our club has told us right back to 2008. They've NEVER been anything but straight with us.

Personally my confidence has been degraded by the huge profit we made on transfers this summer. If we had spent more of it rather than banking such a profit it would give me more confidence but I have a small nagging fear we are keeping all the money for a (minimum) anticipated huge fine etc. this way we will be able to now pay a huge fine and not be on the ‘back foot’ for future seasons. Almost similar to how banks often put 100s of millions aside for anticipated bad debt or other anticipated fines for AML etc. in their annual returns.
IMO for what its worth, I genuinely believe that City will lose some big names next season that will need replacing, hence the desire not to want to throw too much money about this year.
The likes of KDB,Walker and possibly Kovo and one of our goalies may move on so I`m not worried one bit thats it all to do with these 115 so called trumped up charges.
The other logical reason could be that Pep has told the club he will not be signing an extension to his contract, all in my humble opinion off course.

The way look at it is what’s the worst that could happen? We get relegated? So what? You’ll still tip up at the Etihad every other week. The return journey back to the top will be great fun. Pep’s likely to leave next year and even if he does hang around it will only be for the next 2 or 3 years.

Can you really see Sheik Mansour MAHTBCT or Khaldoon taking any punishment lying down? They’ll come out fighting do the club and us.

This is the Manchester City FC rollercoaster. Strap yourself in and enjoy the ride.
Compared to the Swales years, this roller coaster is just a gentle meander.

“Irrefutable evidence” our club said. And I’m good with that.

They’re not perfect, look at the disabled parking debacle, or the invitation to Joel Glazer to put a message on our website extolling the virtues of the super league, but in purely football matters related to the club itself, they have not put a foot wrong.

I can’t get away from the fact that Khaldoon in particular operates at a level that is SO far above the Neanderthals in charge of the PL. As a club we will have been only too well aware of the obstacles put in front of us from the very beginning and there is no way in hell we would have been so utterly stupid as to leave a convenient paper trail like a Hansel and Gretal trail of crumbs, leading to evidence of our wilfully breaking their rules.
Instead we have skirted right up to the edge, as all successful clubs do, but stayed within the letter of the rules.
I love the fact that we have, in effect, used the very rules that were brought in to trap us as a means of cementing our position at the very top of world football.
Bit not as much as I love the fact that the click bait merchants and outright racists in the media have one heck of a reckoning coming and they have no idea. They’re still clinging to the belief that they’ve “got us” when actually the exact opposite is true.

It’s beautiful in its brilliance and there’s only a few months to wait now until the powers that be are left publicly hanging by their own petard.
Totally agree. If it were not for some clumsy and frankly unwise language in a few emails we would not be here right now. Conversely, if those executives were really conspiring to falsify accounts etc the very last thing they’d be doing is putting it down in routine emails ! I’ve just watched Stefan’s interview with redmen TV (which I thought was fine) but some of the comments about it from deluded scousers are bordering on insane.

Personally my confidence has been degraded by the huge profit we made on transfers this summer. If we had spent more of it rather than banking such a profit it would give me more confidence but I have a small nagging fear we are keeping all the money for a (minimum) anticipated huge fine etc. this way we will be able to now pay a huge fine and not be on the ‘back foot’ for future seasons. Almost similar to how banks often put 100s of millions aside for anticipated bad debt or other anticipated fines for AML etc. in their annual returns.

Could quite as easily be saving it for a big spend in the summer when we’ll need to look at long term Kev, Gundog and Walker replacements.

IMO for what its worth, I genuinely believe that City will lose some big names next season that will need replacing, hence the desire not to want to throw too much money about this year.
The likes of KDB,Walker and possibly Kovo and one of our goalies may move on so I`m not worried one bit thats it all to do with these 115 so called trumped up charges.
The other logical reason could be that Pep has told the club he will not be signing an extension to his contract, all in my humble opinion off course.

If Kdb signs a new contract can only see Walker maybe Silva leaving! Kovicic why a fans keep saying he'll be sold gone? Can't see it he has at least 3 more seasons after this one at top level it will only depend on him if he feels he doesn't get enough playing time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.