PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

A lot of people have made a lot of money from the anti-city narrative. But it is coming to an end and the circus will move on. We have probably reached the point.

No chance they will still make a living out of it. If innocent they will write forever why that decision was reached and how, in their opinion, it was the wrong one. If guilty they will milk that forever.

Also, one of the three panel members DID think that the emails suggesting that we could do x, amounted to proof that we actually did x. This person was an experienced lawyer.
I thought his reasoning that we were guilty was bizarre if my memory serves. Wasn’t his reasoning purely based on the fact we didn’t cooperate?

I would say that it depends what it says in the emails. CAS stated that an email suggesting that we could do x, did not amount to proof that we actually did x.

But an email stating that we had done x might be seen in a different light.
Emails are important. All contemporaneous documents are. But other evidence is also important. This is why it appears the hearing will last TEN weeks. All of that evidence will need to be evaluated.

No chance they will still make a living out of it. If innocent they will write forever why that decision was reached and how, in their opinion, it was the wrong one. If guilty they will milk that forever.
The cartel are in severe decline. It’s a new era and City are a huge money spinner for overseas broadcasters and digital media. The UK media is mostly struggling. Most of them will have to change their policy towards City. In fact I think this has already happened.

Also, one of the three panel members DID think that the emails suggesting that we could do x, amounted to proof that we actually did x. This person was an experienced lawyer.
IIRC he thought we were guilty on every count, I'm not fully convinced that he was applying his legal expertise with the required impartiality...

IIRC he thought we were guilty on every count, I'm not fully convinced that he was applying his legal expertise with the required impartiality...
You should assume he was being impartial and he is an experienced arbitrator. But has no business experience at all. He is an academic which may explain a certain approach.

As long as we’re winning big trophies and their favoured clubs still losing, we will be their best excuse for being shite. As you say, irrespective of which way our case goes. I can’t see it stopping and am ceasing to give a fuck about it - it may reduce if other clubs like Newcastle or Villa come through and win something.

You wouldn’t want that lawyer anywhere near a murder case. If an email arises where someone threatens to commit murder, that evidence convicts them even without evidence anyone has actually been murdered.
Is the salient point 'they could' without evidence then it's similar to saying there could be life on Mars

That was the panel member chosen by UEFA so not too much of a surprise there.
I'm always interested as to what the conversation might have been between the two parties. UEFA ' Hi Mr Lawyer. We were wondering if you would be our represenative on the CAS Panel? Mr Lawyer - 'Yeah sure. What are the charges .... and what's your evidence?

But of course it could have been .... ' Yeah! What does it pay?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.