PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

You should assume he was being impartial and he is an experienced arbitrator. But has no business experience at all. He is an academic which may explain a certain approach.
May we also assume that when “casting his vote” he knew the position the other panel members were taking ? Would the three-man panel typically have a collective discussion ?

He’s an idiot Harris a mentally disturbed one at that ..
That's his Get Out Of Jail Free card, that some on here are buying to be all magnanimous and lovely. Facts are, he's researching (badly, granted), writing, getting stuff published, responding, receiving payments, making decisions.
Not mentally ill, despite the tragedy that befell him - and many of us too. He's made the autonomous decision to be completely against us. Fck him.

I would say that it depends what it says in the emails. CAS stated that an email suggesting that we could do x, did not amount to proof that we actually did x.

But an email stating that we had done x might be seen in a different light.
Even if the email had been spliced together in a manner that would resemble a dyslexic kidnapper's ransom note.

You wouldn’t want that lawyer anywhere near a murder case. If an email arises where someone threatens to commit murder, that evidence convicts them even without evidence anyone has actually been murdered.
If that "anyone" is seen having a pint and scoffing a kebab, you can have as many emails as you like.

City is relaxed about this hearing not just because they have mountains of "irrefutable evidence", but because they know they didn't break the rules, the evidence is merely a means of convincing others of that fact.

The club will now have seen the breadth and depth of the case stacked against them, I'm not privy to any inside knowledge, but nothing I've seen these last twelve months or so would indicate that City feel beleaguered, preparing themselves for the worst, quite the opposite in fact.

You should assume he was being impartial and he is an experienced arbitrator. But has no business experience at all. He is an academic which may explain a certain approach.

Is it possible his background as an academic rather than business is why UEFA selected him?

The cartel are in severe decline. It’s a new era and City are a huge money spinner for overseas broadcasters and digital media. The UK media is mostly struggling. Most of them will have to change their policy towards City. In fact I think this has already happened.
When it comes to broadcasters and their advertisers milking and exploiting the masses of unthinking, herd following united "fans" particularly throughout SE Asia then I'm afraid City are still virtually a non-entity and irrelevance in commercial terms despite the trajectories the two clubs have taken in the last decade.

A lot of it is quite simply due to the colour of their shirts... red is considered a lucky colour throughout much of that part of the world and the largely uneducated and superstitious folks there will do anything to associate themselves with the colour red, including supporting who ever happens to be the most famous football team that plays in red which still happens to be united despite 10 years of failure and underachievement.

When it comes to broadcasters and their advertisers milking and exploiting the masses of unthinking, herd following united "fans" particularly throughout SE Asia then I'm afraid City are still virtually a non-entity and irrelevance in commercial terms despite the trajectories the two clubs have taken in the last decade.

A lot of it is quite simply due to the colour of their shirts... red is considered a lucky colour throughout much of that part of the world and the largely uneducated and superstitious folks there will do anything to associate themselves with the colour red, including supporting who ever happens to be the most famous football team that plays in red which still happens to be united despite 10 years of failure and underachievement.
City are huge in the USA and growing fast everywhere else though. Haaland alone is a game-changer commercially. United can’t afford another decade like the last one

It's America where you want to be most watched team in not Asia

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.