PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

They clearly have a lot more "evidence" over many more years. The CAS hearing was about 2 allegations, one for four years and one for two years. That is six breaches in PL "language". And it took three days. The PL has made around 120 allegations so it should take 20 times as long, which is 60 days,which is 12 weeks. Hopelessly estimated, of course, but it shows that 10-12 weeks isn't excessive even if the case is as simple as at CAS.
I’m not sure that’s right.

As each point will not be taken in turn, some of the allegations would cover 20 allegations and some are not anything like failing UEFA FFP it is just directly related to the others and would be a consequence.

It is a thing this in my opinion and is far from the norm this length of hearing.

I also have a theory in life I call mosaic, where you stand back and see the bigger picture and jeez!!

City/ PL whichever this is a $hitshow no league has ever had.

Teams selling academy players
Asset stripping
Relegation almost being determined by the courts last season
The PL hampering the one club they have that can better Real
12 weeks in hearing and spending millions upon millions on lawyers
The time it must have took
Potentially breaking rules yourself with further associate party rules

If FFP had never happened, how much time/ money would have been saved and would football have been worse or better.

Your probably not far off the mark they’ll use the refurbishing of the tunnel and ratcliffe taking a percentage in the club as exemption,well it’ll be some made up bollocks to get it brushed under the carpet..
Aren't they claiming to spend 50m on Carrington, that's next years PSR sorted.

I’m not sure that’s right.

As each point will not be taken in turn, some of the allegations would cover 20 allegations and some are not anything like failing UEFA FFP it is just directly related to the others and would be a consequence.

It is a thing this in my opinion and is far from the norm this length of hearing.

Fair enough. I did say it was a hopeless estimation :)

I think we can agree that this length of time is unusual for such a hearing, but my point really is that this is a consequence of the PL referring around 130 allegations. Even Simon fucking Jordan has come to the conclusion that wasn't the smartest approach.

@slbsn posted this on his Twitter account. Apologies for the source, but I thought it was interesting. One thing I have learned in my professional career is that an "accountant" who doesn't listen to lawyers on legal issues is a poor accountant and quite possibly one who will either end up in jail himself, or with his clients in jail. Assuming he is an accountant that gives actual advice to clients and not just one who gives poor opinions on Twitter, of course.

1000000761.jpg

@slbsn posted this on his Twitter account. Apologies for the source, but I thought it was interesting. One thing I have learned in my professional career is that an "accountant" who doesn't listen to lawyers on legal issues is a poor accountant and quite possibly one who will either end up in jail himself, or with his clients in jail. Assuming he is an accountant that gives actual advice to clients and not just one who gives poor opinions on Twitter, of course.

View attachment 131449

That defo sounds like Harris. So far down a rabbit hole he doesn’t read what he’s being told.

I worked for a company taken over by a Shanghai entrepreneur which I believe was code for member of communist party. We had a CFO who was more obedient than savvy & did whatever the CEO told her with pushing the boundaries & I told her as I was leaving, “you will get summoned by the firing squad if it goes wrong.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.