PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

When the day of reckoning comes in about 2 months time just remember what a corrupt shitshow of a media we have . Tonight’s wankfest stirring up all the thick tribal bastards an utter disgrace. What goes around comes around………
MCFC take note the worst media culprits and sue them out of business when we win !

Everton appealed and then withdrew it, Forest appealed and failed.

Both took about a month from the initial verdict.

Obviously the scope of their cases was much smaller but my understanding is that deciding whether an appeal has merit or not is not necessarily related to how big the case is.

(Obviously I’m not a lawyer so anyone who knows better please correct me if I’m wrong)

I'm not a lawyer either, but I think the situation is this:

Everton and Forest both pled guilty, Everton two times (once for each breach) and Forest once. Everton were partly successful with the appeal against the first sanction, which took two months and withdrew the appeal for the second presumably as they were relatively safe at the time. Forest lost their appeal and that took about a month. In all cases the appeal was against the sanction, the club's previously having pled guilty.

For the City case, I think the view is that it would be difficult for either party to overturn a decision on a matter of fact, but easier on a matter of judgment, like the effect of mitigating or aggravating factors on the sanctions imposed, in the event that the PL were at all successful.

Personally, as a non-lawyer, I would hope Pannick could earn his 5 grand an hour by thinking up some suitable grounds for an appeal for any unfavourable outcome and despite the drawbacks. I would be surprised if some lawyers aren't looking at all the options now already, but that is an uneducated opinion rather than a sound, legal judgment.

Anyway, if the verdict is expected April at the earliest, an appeal by either party would probably have to be launched around May time which doesn't give much scope for settling it before the end of the season, and then you have the summer holidays. Try getting all these lawyers off their expensive holidays for two weeks in July and August. So it is probably likely an appeal, if there is one, would be heard next season.

All imho, may be bollocks.

I don't think they will punish us until next season, they'll punish us if we are innocent or guilty because their gobby members demand it.

I have little to no faith in any process they have imagined up, St Paul could bomb down on a fiery chariot and the BBC and media chums would still call us cheats ,the damage is done to the minds of the gen pop.
St Paul was beheaded so probably not best chariot driver to choose.

A fine a point deduction is the most likely if they find us guilty. Might affect us for a season. But as long as Pep stays we will bounce straight back stronger. That said having read what everyone on here has I think we will be found guilty of non cooperation at most. A wrap on the knickles and then it will be finished with at last.

Regardless I really hope we open the can of worms on the cartel and the double standards of the PL?
Can't see us getting away with no charges that's why they did the 115 something will stick probably non co operation.What bugs me is our reputation has been so badly tarnished.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.