PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Didn’t Everton and Forest appeal their judgements?

Everton appealed and then withdrew it, Forest appealed and failed.

Both took about a month from the initial verdict.

Obviously the scope of their cases was much smaller but my understanding is that deciding whether an appeal has merit or not is not necessarily related to how big the case is.

(Obviously I’m not a lawyer so anyone who knows better please correct me if I’m wrong)

I need to catch up with this thread. What's the general consensus on how we're feeling as the trial approaches? Are some confident, and some not so much?

I understand your view given how everything has gone these past years but I doubt the IC will care about consequences. It’s their job to report the truth. If the truth is the PL are wrong I’m sure that’s what they will say.

We as fans have been dragged into the conspiracy theories and details even if they are true or untrue. The murky world of business and the protectionism afforded to "The royalty", the charges and accusations football fans don't understand yet parrot over and over again as if they are important.

I look at the colour of my shirt and that shirt will never change it'll always be blue, football has changed for the worse it's gone way past picking up a pink to check the other scores or your pools.

Soon they will add acronyms and percentages end zones and ice cream music, this tribunal will IMHO bring that reality even closer.

It’s expected that minor details like that will leak, they did about Everton, Forest and Leicester City too, there’s just too many people across too many organisations that know something that basic.

I doubt City will be that concerned about it, every single time it’s come up in an interview/press conference Pep/Khaldoon have been insistent they want it over ASAP.
Yes. It’s the more juicy nuggets that raise concerns about the motives of those who pass them on. No doubt all PL club directors will be tipped the nod on things like timescales.

Stefan said on talksport extra yesterday the decision could potentially take up to a year.

Due to the complexity of the case the independent commission would have to produce between a 200-400 page document outlining each charge, the decision they have made on the charge and the reason whether they think city are guilty or not.

I think we won't find out until the end of the season

I think he said it could take up to a year if it was a high court case. He has consistently said three months is likely for this case, so April sounds about right, which is close enough to the end of the season to make it tasty.

Start date is September 16th, expected to last 10-12 weeks, that puts the end date end of November/December. Another month or 6 weeks to reach and right a judgment puts the announcement around new years.

Stefans been fairly certain there’ll be no appeal likely because of the rules, so I can’t see a situation where the table in April is relevant.
We have to be allowed appeal the severity of any punishment even if we are prevented from appealing the actual outcome or decision.

Everton appealed and then withdrew it, Forest appealed and failed.

Both took about a month from the initial verdict.

Obviously the scope of their cases was much smaller but my understanding is that deciding whether an appeal has merit or not is not necessarily related to how big the case is.

(Obviously I’m not a lawyer so anyone who knows better please correct me if I’m wrong)

Everton appealed and had their points deduction cut in half the first time.

Knew a girl called loose lips once, can't believe she is the leak though.

My guess is that it's a team who wears red and who may be owned by Americans, just a guess mind you.
The giveaway is that most leaks have gone via certain outlets. The Times Sports desk has very strong sources at LFC. It’s not as if these stories have been spread out… at least since Panja was axed by the New York Times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.