PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Not sure how that’s a comparable? Fallon was investigated by the police not the jockey club.

Fallon was suspended by the horse racing authority due to a criminal matter.

Their rules precluded appeals to the administrative court.

Fallon challenged this and given the gravity of the HRAs decision for him he was in fact allowed to appeal to the high court.

He lost that appeal on the facts but the precedent is that regardless of what sports authorities say about higher appeals the facts can give rise to them.

Fallon was represented by………Pannick

Having followed the Pinto trial I am certain City were collateral damage. The motive was money and it was a fishing exercise involving hundreds of millions of data files. I would still like to know why Der Spiegl targeted us though, I have heard rumours about Bayern which would make sense.
DS have had some beef with Bayern in the past, so it's either very unlikely or, a kiss and make up

Fallon was suspended by the horse racing authority due to a criminal matter.

Their rules precluded appeals to the administrative court.

Fallon challenged this and given the gravity of the HRAs decision for him he was in fact allowed to appeal to the high court.

He lost that appeal on the facts but the precedent is that regardless of what sports authorities say about higher appeals the facts can give rise to them.

Fallon was represented by………Pannick

Right but that’s on grounds of process, which we’ve already gone to court about too. We can do that. We can’t appeal the judgment and get the whole thing reheard elsewhere was the point.

If a football governing body constituted tribunal does us for major fraud we certainly will
Absolutely. The accusations are so serious the police and HMRC would have to be involved by now. My guess is it'll probably just come down to the non-co'operation thing which like beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder. I imagine our defence will be that we submitted our audited books and payed our taxes so the fa can fuck off. At 5k and hour I imagine lord P will put it more eloquently though.

If a football governing body constituted tribunal does us for major fraud we certainly will

I imagine so, I don’t see any of it as constituting fraud though, have to wait and see but any fraudulent activity they’re alleging would surely potentially be at the sponsors rather than us.

It’s also in part why UEFA were always going to struggle to argue their case at CAS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.