PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I see Dan Roan still finds it impossible to refer to our owner by using his name. He seems happy to use a racist trope of "Abu Dhabi owners" with no reference to the US firm (Silverlake) who own 24 per cent of CFG. City "owned by Abu Dhabi" is inaccurate but also a dehumanising phrase which avoids using Sheikh Mansour's identity. Is Roan bigoted or just very stupid?
Probably both !

I feel like I can see Sky's gameplan already, they'll try and get a public outcry reaction, by suggesting a mild punishment is the most likely("people are saying stuff" which people Sky?) and then divert as much attention to that as they can. To make sure the commission go with the heaviest punishments, in the event that they side against City.

Which I suspect they'd do anyway on the bad faith accounts reporting charge. So I don't know why Sky always want to involve themselves(like the Aguero ban, like the UEFA case and so on) at the forefront against City on so many matters on and off the pitch. Where does this hate towards one of the big 6 come from for them? Other than they probably have more connections to the big sly 3 than is made public(maybe pats on the head from the Americans too). Same with the BBC("do people really not want Liverpool to win the PL?") and BT(who started off quite impartial but they are dreadful on CL nights) it's beyond the hiring of their ex players IMO. They seem to have vested interests as organisations as a whole. How can they ignore facts like the PL's own 20 seasons award(voted over any Fergie or Wenger season season) went to the Aguerooo! season and global PL interest went into overdrive around that time too because someone stuck it to United.

It will never happen but imagine a scenario where City not only get found not guilty(non cooperation charges aside) but City sue the pants off the PL to make sure it never happens again. The government comes down on the PL too for being cartel puppets in a league that was founded on the principle that every member has an equal voice and makes them keep that promise finally via an independent regulator. Then, maybe someone whistle-blows to Ofcom about the vested interests(linked the most relevant rule I could find from a quick look) in the UK sports broadcasters domain around PL coverage(Sky, BT, BBC). Who clean house with those and we can finally watch a game of football without the constant nagging bias and pandering to the big Sly3. I know there's a lot of pipe dreams here but I don't even know how the mess that is UK sports journalism would even be addressed. Too far fetched even for this daydream.

Last edited:
Given his disgusting comments about the former owner of Leicester (for which he should have been sacked) I would suggest he is extreme bigoted and extremely fucking stupid

Roan is an absolute ****, but the individual who recruited him and allows him to still work for the disgusting organisation should be fired with him.

A while back when der Spiegel did one of their drops they brought up the Mancini case as one that was part of the PL investigation. It stood out to me at the time because at that point there had been no recent mention of it in the British press. So I thought it was just BS.The likes of Harris then started including it in their stuff as a matter of fact.

So it makes me think you might be right but obviously I hope you are wrong about the full trove of documents being with the PL. I do know that at one point Pinto/DerS did offer the leaked docs to UEFA but UEFA declined.
Der Spiegel's reputation has be spiralling downwards for some time. Their political reporting is no better. A few weeks ago they had to retract a story about a refugee girl being killed on the Greek/Turkish border. It wasn't just a claim, there was a full manufactured 'facts' story. It's not the first time a reporter has felt under pressure to make shit up.

you look at some of the leagues and clubs we have invested in, not all are massive money makers so I am sure even if a relegation 1,2 oe 3 division was an outcome our owners would take the hit knowing firstly we would be back and secondly what a marketable story it would be, a fee carefully crafted fall guys and a redemption story.
Would give Pep the chance to show that he can actually do it without big name players.

This is brilliant. I'm writing my next missive for KOTK so have been going through the rule books to see exactly what we've been charged with, and it's clear the Pl have fucked it up big time. For example, in 2011/12, they've charged us with a breach of Rule E11. That rule in the 2011/12 Pl Handbook says "Each club shall enter the FA Cup".

I've looked at a few others and it's a similar story. They've seemingly charged us against another rule which says that, except for televised games, all PL games will be played on Saturdays at 3pm.

It's an absolute fuck up.
Reading that has made my day. Brilliant, thanks PB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.