PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The PL may be thinking that, but I doubt very much the retired judges and KCs on the panel will concern themselves either with what the "whole football world" (even if it were true and not hyperbolic) wants or with the amount of money spent by the PL.

I know these are emotional times, but it's not like you to be so prone to conspiracy, DD.

Of course, it is very possible some of the less serious allegations may be proven, but it will be on the basis of evidence and legalities, not outside pressure.

All imho, of course.
Although the CAS verdict was 2 - 1 with the UEFA choice dissenting despite there report saying the charges couldn't be proved. So these guys aren't all whiter than white.

This will be our biggest victory in all our past, present and future history.

People still talk about the Agueroooo moment 10 years on.

When we win this case it will be talked about for decades.

I can't wait for to see the red tops in the pub, sat staring into their pint pots in utter despair. They have put everything in to the PL finding us guilty. They know deep down when we come out of this smiling, that they will have nothing left!!!

Don't disagree. But that's their own making and choice, not pressure from other clubs.

I don't doubt that the expected clubs will have had an agenda and wanted a charge never mind hundreds of them.

But the idea that the PL are doing this purely as a reaction to such pressure, without at least thinking the have something, advised by high profile lawyers, sorry, can't buy into that.

That's not to say I think they do have something or that I am worried. They could well be wrong. But doubt it is the posturing excersise to please some clubs doomed to fail that a few seem to think it is, there is a lot more at stake here for them than a oh well you tried boys, from a few clubs.

At the risk of boring everyone, the PL does have "evidence". It has the original emails, it has the new emails from der Spiegel in 2022 and it will have information it has gleaned from a four year investigation into the club's finances which, at a minimum, will include many more emails and much more financial information than UEFA ever had. I don't think anyone is disputing there is a case to answer. Yes, you can ask questions about the timing of the referral, the leak to the Times and the number of allegations referred, but we shouldn't doubt they have much more "evidence".

The problem they have is that it is all circumstantial evidence. Without information from third parties, which I am pretty sure the club won't have given them, they can't prove anything.

As for eventually referring the allegations to an independent panel, at some point the only other choice was to drop the allegations. That was never going to happen, so imho they referred allegations for which they had a case and which weren't disproved (yet) by external evidence. Again imho, they will be disproved in front of the panel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.