PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I fail to understand the clamour from all outlets that it is the HMRC that has ultimately been defrauded and will come demanding its pound of flesh.
Surely if we’ve overinflated sponsorship deals to bring in additional revenue to expend our business means we’ve paid more tax than we would have done. Higher wages paid to players = more tax collected. Capital expenditure on stadium and training ground = more tax / VAT collected. Had we remained where the rest of the cartel wanted us then tens of millions less would have been collected by HMRC.

This is brilliant. I'm writing my next missive for KOTK so have been going through the rule books to see exactly what we've been charged with, and it's clear the Pl have fucked it up big time. For example, in 2011/12, they've charged us with a breach of Rule E11. That rule in the 2011/12 Pl Handbook says "Each club shall enter the FA Cup".

I've looked at a few others and it's a similar story. They've seemingly charged us against another rule which says that, except for televised games, all PL games will be played on Saturdays at 3pm.

It's an absolute fuck up.
I’m not anywhere near as clued up as you on such matters mate but when I had a look over the charges it read like a 5 year old had written them with their favourite crayon.

Fucking crackpots.

I see Dan Roan still finds it impossible to refer to our owner by using his name. He seems happy to use a racist trope of "Abu Dhabi owners" with no reference to the US firm (Silverlake) who own 24 per cent of CFG. City "owned by Abu Dhabi" is inaccurate but also a dehumanising phrase which avoids using Sheikh Mansour's identity. Is Roan bigoted or just very stupid?

What's this 'or'?

When the news first broke yesterday I thought we were at about an 8, tonight I’d say 3 or 4.

It seems the media climb down is in sync with your thought process. It’s gone from expulsion and title stripping to small points deduction. I’m not sure the media expected or the PL for that matter such a bullish response and subsequent even more bullish leaks from the club..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.