PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I apologise in advance in case this has all been raised and answered many times, but I am confused and would welcome any clarification. On the face of it there are two strands, one to do with playing by the rules of UEFA and EPL, and the other to do with illegal activity.
The EPL and UEFA deal with the "club" rules, in particular FFP . The EPL has local oversight of clubs to ensure that owners are fit and proper persons, that stadiums are safe, secure areas and that fans' behaviour is acceptable, and so on - all right and proper.
As I understand it FFP was raised by UEFA and the matter settled, so that goes out of the window. So far as I am aware EPL is not grousing about the state of the stadium, nor questioning the ability of the owners to run a football club.
If, in the course of its years long investigation, the EPL came across evidence of illegal practice this would, surely, have had to be passed on to HMRC and the police. This hasn't happened, has it?
So, in the end, what is this about? If I am revealing depths of ignorance and naivety and thereby offending the City faithful I shall simply plead senility and hope to get off with a warning.
I believe the EPL has finally accepted that we did, in fact, enter the FA cup in 2012 but they refuse to budge on the truly major issues and still maintain that we didn't cut the grass properly.

I see Dan Roan still finds it impossible to refer to our owner by using his name. He seems happy to use a racist trope of "Abu Dhabi owners" with no reference to the US firm (Silverlake) who own 24 per cent of CFG. City "owned by Abu Dhabi" is inaccurate but also a dehumanising phrase which avoids using Sheikh Mansour's identity. Is Roan bigoted or just very stupid?
He’s most likely both.

It’s an embarrassing mistake but not sure it’s as bad as you’re making out.

Some intern has gotten the years that the rule book changed wrong. In 2012 the laws moved around so the old rule C became rule E

E11 in 2011/12 is entering the Fa cup and in 2012/13 onwards its submitting accounts and they’ve mislabelled it.

The 12/13 book even has a little column telling you what the old rule was - I bet they never realised how important that would be!

Not sure it will get us off, but I do think it will impact how the more diligent journalists like Kieran Maguire view the competency of the PL legal team.
Think thats where the grass length rumour came from

If this was the dippers or the rags, you’d not be shouting throw them out? I certainly would….
'Tis the nature of competitive sport. Fully accepted and acknowledged in our day to day interactions with non-Blues.

I'd dance many a merry jig if the rags went bankrupt, along with thousands of others.

I'd be far more concerned if our 'natural enemies' were suddenly taking our side, and I expect that they'd say exactly the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.