PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Who is Jaber Mohammed? Delaney is waffling on about him as if he is key to us being done.

I thought I’d asked on this thread earlier but it was unintentionally put in the media one.

It's to do with the Etisalat transaction looked at by UEFA. He arranged payment of 30 million to MCFC on behalf of ADUG in respect of the sponsorship in advance of the receipt of the cash by ADUG from Etisalat. Etisalat later reimbursed ADUG.

Why did ADUG pay instead of Etisalat? Because the new contract with Etisalat stated Etisalat> ADUG> MCFC as the payment method.

Why did they pay in advance? Because the contract hadn't been signed and the parties were operating under a binding HoA. Etisalat, with their regulatory and statutory requirements, couldn't pay until the contract was signed.

It's all in the CAS award.

Last edited:
I asked someone I know at the club what the mood was like now that the case has finally started, and he said no-one is even really talking about it, which is hopefully a sign of supreme confidence. There doesn't seem to be any emergency contingency plans being drawn up, or people fearing for their jobs or anything like that, just business as usual. Given what's at stake, namely an existential threat to the club, you'd expect there to be a bit more concern if they truly feared the possibility of a guilty verdict.
It's hard not to be concerned, especially as a fan. That said I can't see how we can be found guilty of the majority of the more serious charges simply because we have already been cleared by CAS.

I’ve always assumed that as long as he’s giving us the best possible representation, his reputation is not really impacted by whether we win or not. Don’t good lawyers take on cases they may lose all the time?
And it looks like he has been on a retainer at City. He couldn’t walk away, even if he wanted to. He’s up for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.