PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

cant wait for the PL and media trying to slip Chelsea verdict under the carpet in the meantime. that is coming out sooner ideally than our verdict in the 115 case, wonder how media will portray that and the asterisks against any Chelsea trophies since Abra's time wrongdoings.

Jsut ask yourselves one question.

Would the club be spending millions on re developing the stadium if they had a whiff that we may be on dodgy ground.

Construction would have been the first thing that would have stopped. No way would the owner risk losing pointless millions, if he thought we were in danger of getting relegated, banned or whatever else is on the table.

His reputation is unlikely to take a hit. Each case is unique and it's never really as clear cut as win or lose. Simon Jordan says we lost the UEFA case with CAS remember! I would expect the calmness within City (based on the rumours) to be because Pannick has advised on each and every charge and its chance of success/failure. He'll have advised them on how to manage the process with the PL from day 1. He knows how to argue a point, which case law to rely upon, which words to use and all the tricks in the book which is why he costs so much.

The failure to cooperate is going to hit us. I can't see how it wouldn't. Similarly to CAS, you have to cooperate with a sporting body in order for it to carry out its duty. We'll have arguments around why we didn't, but I would expect us to get short shrift and be fined. Again, I'd anticipate Pannick has a fair amount of evidence to justify why we didn't cooperate and, if it gets to the sanction stage, why it should be a financial and not sporting penalty.

Being cleared of all charges is a 6-0 win over the rags.
Being cleared of all but the non-cooperation and getting a fine is a 6-1 win. You celebrate both the same!
I would imagine the failing to co-operate ones are going to be harder to get off. I would have thought that was either we have or we haven’t. Saying that, this is why we pay millions to these lawyers.

What's all this about Jaber Mohamed paying 30 mill to city on behalf of etisalat? The Independent seem to think it's a big deal.
Miggles getting over excited. I think uber-cretin Piers Moron tried to make issue out of the same point in that shite anti-City expose he sneezed out last year, only for ex-Arsenal chairman David Dein to piss all over his chips by firmly declaring it ‘not a smoking gun!’

His reputation is unlikely to take a hit. Each case is unique and it's never really as clear cut as win or lose. Simon Jordan says we lost the UEFA case with CAS remember! I would expect the calmness within City (based on the rumours) to be because Pannick has advised on each and every charge and its chance of success/failure. He'll have advised them on how to manage the process with the PL from day 1. He knows how to argue a point, which case law to rely upon, which words to use and all the tricks in the book which is why he costs so much.

The failure to cooperate is going to hit us. I can't see how it wouldn't. Similarly to CAS, you have to cooperate with a sporting body in order for it to carry out its duty. We'll have arguments around why we didn't, but I would expect us to get short shrift and be fined. Again, I'd anticipate Pannick has a fair amount of evidence to justify why we didn't cooperate and, if it gets to the sanction stage, why it should be a financial and not sporting penalty.

Being cleared of all charges is a 6-0 win over the rags.
Being cleared of all but the non-cooperation and getting a fine is a 6-1 win. You celebrate both the same!
Trial of the century?

Ruination of a great club?

Irrefutable evidence?

Costs running into hundred of millions?

Titles stripped?

Mansour and Abu Dhabi name ruined?

Police banging at the door?

£5k per hour is not enough.

Fall out will have to hit him in some way?

In fairness? He didn’t look to bothered -:)

Miggles getting over excited. I think uber-cretin Piers Moron tried to make issue out of the same point in that shite anti-City expose he sneezed out last year, only for ex-Arsenal chairman David Dein to piss all over his chips by firmly declaring it ‘not a smoking gun!’
So Miguel is basing his whole doom and gloom outcome on a load of bollocks proved already to be a load of bollocks? But he's still not letting it go?

That's SO unlike the dwarf ****.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.