PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

As it happens a) I don't think that will work b) won't be our defence. I suspect they will say they did disclose and cooperate fully and hope that they if they have won on the substantive charges, the Panel will be onside. If they have lost on the substantive, it will be largely irrelevant (albeit an aggravating factor potentially)
Stand corrected. I don’t think the PL have done themselves any favours though by being so biased and unfair with their Comms messages on and off the record.

It's to do with the Etisalat transaction looked at by UEFA. He arranged payment of 30 million to MCFC on behalf of ADUG in respect of the sponsorship in advance of the receipt of the cash by ADUG from Etisalat. Etisalat later reimbursed ADUG.

Why did ADUG pay instead of Etisalat? Because the new contract with Etisalat stated Etisalat> ADUG> MCFC as the payment method.

Why did they pay in advance? Because the contract hadn't been signed and the parties were operating under a binding HoA. Etisalat, with their regulatory and statutory requirements, couldn't pay until the contract was signed.

It's all in the CAS award.

You telling me Delooney hasn't read the Cas documentation? I'm in shock that a main Journalist at a major newspaper not researched our 115

As it happens a) I don't think that will work b) won't be our defence. I suspect they will say they did disclose and cooperate fully and hope that they if they have won on the substantive charges, the Panel will be onside. If they have lost on the substantive, it will be largely irrelevant (albeit an aggravating factor potentially)

Apologies @slbsn but is the failure to cooperate in this case the same as with UEFA? In that instance we withheld information and argued that the leak in the NY Times was evidence of corruption within UEFA and we were concerned that the provision of further evidence would end up in a similar way. CAS, whilst concerned, still fined us. I'm wondering if that's the same in this instance and we have withheld information (in which case I can't see us escaping a punishment), or if instead it's more a case of the fact that in light of the hacked emails we clearly haven't cooperated with the PL by submitting all financial information. In that case, as you say, if we win on the substantive charges then it should fall away as we'll have proved we didn't need to provide that information as everything was in the accounts already.

Apologies @slbsn but is the failure to cooperate in this case the same as with UEFA? In that instance we withheld information and argued that the leak in the NY Times was evidence of corruption within UEFA and we were concerned that the provision of further evidence would end up in a similar way. CAS, whilst concerned, still fined us. I'm wondering if that's the same in this instance and we have withheld information (in which case I can't see us escaping a punishment), or if instead it's more a case of the fact that in light of the hacked emails we clearly haven't cooperated with the PL by submitting all financial information. In that case, as you say, if we win on the substantive charges then it should fall away as we'll have proved we didn't need to provide that information as everything was in the accounts already.
Not as I understand it. City did not play ball with UEFA. But it seems they did with the PL but the extent of cooperation is disputed.

Jsut ask yourselves one question.

Would the club be spending millions on re developing the stadium if they had a whiff that we may be on dodgy ground.

Construction would have been the first thing that would have stopped. No way would the owner risk losing pointless millions, if he thought we were in danger of getting relegated, banned or whatever else is on the table.
Yes but a 61500 attendance for a League 2 game will never be beaten. ;)

such an unbiased report from sky. i don't who the cnut is but his face is asked to be damaged ;)

Kaveh Solhekol. Who famously said the rags were getting an £80M player for £40M in Donny Van Der Beek.

The same player who they sold for £500K to Girona this summer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.