PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

such an unbiased report from sky. i don't who the cnut is but his face is asked to be damaged ;)

Wouldn’t watch that if you paid me, however once again we just have to bite our lip and accept that it’s appealing to the red shirt masses. They have no interest in impartiality, it doesn’t gain viewers or clicks.

such an unbiased report from sky. i don't who the cnut is but his face is asked to be damaged ;)

How can you take someone who calls this hearing a trial seriously. He is just saying what the programme producer and sky want him to say. If City prevail then in my opinion City will go all guns blazing against the red tops and their cronies who have ruled the PL with a corrupt agenda for years. If they think City should be worried about these serious charges then these people will also be having sleepless nights about the fallout for them when or if City prevail.

How can you take someone who calls this hearing a trial seriously. He is just saying what the programme producer and sky want him to say. If City prevail then in my opinion City will go all guns blazing against the red tops and their cronies who have ruled the PL with a corrupt agenda for years. If they think City should be worried about these serious charges then these people will also be having sleepless nights about the fallout for them when or if City prevail.
They should, but they won't.

Apologies @slbsn but is the failure to cooperate in this case the same as with UEFA? In that instance we withheld information and argued that the leak in the NY Times was evidence of corruption within UEFA and we were concerned that the provision of further evidence would end up in a similar way. CAS, whilst concerned, still fined us. I'm wondering if that's the same in this instance and we have withheld information (in which case I can't see us escaping a punishment), or if instead it's more a case of the fact that in light of the hacked emails we clearly haven't cooperated with the PL by submitting all financial information. In that case, as you say, if we win on the substantive charges then it should fall away as we'll have proved we didn't need to provide that information as everything was in the accounts already.
Purely guesswork on my part but I reckon we've cooperated with the PL more than we did with UEFA, but we've withheld info that we deem to be outside the scope of what they were entitled to ask for. Also, we've seen with the Everton case that non-cooperation accusations from the PL aren't always a slam dunk for them.

This case has reinforced pretty much what we already knew about these hacks and scribblers - that they are just as clueless as the rest of us, only we don’t get paid for it.
In the meantime you see smug ignorance from a shower of semi-literate hacks who, for some reason, seem to see themselves as the modern equivalent of Woodward and Bernstein

In reply to a rag trying to wind me up…….

It’ll all come out after the hearing, I’m confident that we will be cleared of the charges as we were by CAS, yes we were fined by UEFA for non co-operation but why should we co-operate when UEFA’s case was based on hacked e mails by der Spiegel where they were taken out of context. I’ve said for years there is a vendetta against our club because we broke the “sky sports 4 monopoly” and those 4 don’t like it.
Look at a few more instances that are little known, Liverpool were fined for hacking our database of youth players, not even a headline on Sky or talkshite, Liverpool fans filmed wrecking our bus on arrival at Anfield, despite numerous videos available even now on you tube not one arrest by the police. United fans break into Old Trafford and get a high profile game against Liverpool postponed and no action taken, yet we were recently fined 10 million for coming out of the dressing room late on a few occasions.
2 clubs a few miles apart, one financially stable and recognised as one of the best run clubs in the league and one almost 1bn in debt.
I’ll leave it there.
You forgot, one club gets exemptions for being 100s millions over PSRs when other clubs get hauled over the coals for much less.

I think City should do that but I think they won't. Let's hope they have the opportunity. I'd be satisfied with nailing say the six most egregious "journalists"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.