PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I asked someone I know at the club what the mood was like now that the case has finally started, and he said no-one is even really talking about it, which is hopefully a sign of supreme confidence. There doesn't seem to be any emergency contingency plans being drawn up, or people fearing for their jobs or anything like that, just business as usual. Given what's at stake, namely an existential threat to the club, you'd expect there to be a bit more concern if they truly feared the possibility of a guilty verdict.
What did the new kit man say?

It's to do with the Etisalat transaction looked at by UEFA. He arranged payment of 30 million to MCFC on behalf of ADUG in respect of the sponsorship in advance of the receipt of the cash by ADUG from Etisalat. Etisalat later reimbursed ADUG.

Why did ADUG pay instead of Etisalat? Because the new contract with Etisalat stated Etisalat> ADUG> MCFC as the payment method.

Why did they pay in advance? Because the contract hadn't been signed and the parties were operating under a binding HoA. Etisalat, with their regulatory and statutory requirements, couldn't pay until the contract was signed.

It's all in the CAS award.

Which clearly DeLooney still can’t be arsed reading.

The mitigation will be the same as UEFA. Why should we co-operate with an organisation that has carried out a smear campaign against us? If the PL was professional it would have been rigidly impartial. It is supposed to act for ALL clubs. It has acted in bad faith all the way through. Just last week the official PL Comms Office attacked its own selected panel over the Leicester case. That is totally unethical.
As it happens a) I don't think that will work b) won't be our defence. I suspect they will say they did disclose and cooperate fully and hope that they if they have won on the substantive charges, the Panel will be onside. If they have lost on the substantive, it will be largely irrelevant (albeit an aggravating factor potentially)

Trial of the century?

Ruination of a great club?

Irrefutable evidence?

Costs running into hundred of millions?

Titles stripped?

Mansour and Abu Dhabi name ruined?

Police banging at the door?

£5k per hour is not enough.

Fall out will have to hit him in some way?

In fairness? He didn’t look to bothered -:)

I doubt that very much. And similarly for the PL's lawyers who are big hitters as well. The evidence determines the success, the ability of the lawyer to argue and make a case if obviously a substantial part of things but I don't think anyone who has the money to spend £5k an hour is going to believe a media frenzy when selecting their lawyer. We weren't caught red handed with a smoking gun next to a dead body. On one side you have City fans quietly confident about our chances and thinking the PL's lawyers are inept and querying why they'd take the case on and on the other you have those thinking we're guilty without knowing anything about the case, and if we're not punished then the PL didn't have the bottle.

You don't tend to go to caught unless you think you have a chance of winning, but you don't always win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.