PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Exactly. It’s what is politely called a Diplomatic incident. Reputation is everything to most of the Far East countries. They won’t take gravy stained Richard Masters and his inept cronies slurs lying down.
If "guilty" verdict had no evidence but happened because of shall we say suspect "probability" I am sure that the Sponsors and other Companies who are also accused may take actual legal action against the PL ie not bound by any no further Appeal process like City.

this quite possibly went political months back, we wouldnt know and most likely never will, what were seeing now could be playing out the motions and the result is/has been made months back, yes its a big expensive case but a drop in the ocean in the business world, put it like this i'd be very surprised if the UK Government are not involved to some extent

No idea what would or wouldn't be our defence, but worth noting we are not charged with non-cooperation for the years investigated. We are charged for the years not investigated. We have presumably cooperated with the investigation.

If it turns out we are innocent, then there is logic in there not being any need for further investigation, and then no non-cooperation. Whether the panel decide that is not the club's right to decide is another matter.
The non-cooperation is clearly in respect of the process of the investigation itself. So not sure I understand the first para.

On the second para, the PL will say they were asking legitimate questions and the club was obliged to cooperate regardless of its views on merits. In isolation, this has merit. But if everything else was dismissed, the panel is unlikely to want to penalise the club heavily. Big if of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.