PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Every time the case is discussed in the media there is a reference to our expensive lawyers. Are the PL not spending anything on legal fees?
Their lawyers are doing it for the love of the game; purely to uphold the ethical standards, and to put right all of the wrong doings.

Practically volunteering, if you will.

Every time the case is discussed in the media there is a reference to our expensive lawyers. Are the PL not spending anything on legal fees?

No, this is a fight between the worlds most expensive lawyers against homeless children from the streets of Trafford, Merseyside and North London whom the Premier League are using as volunteers.

Oh I agree with you, the Premier Lesgue has said they didn't do anything wrong and it was quoted as saying they were given exceptional Covid and Share dealing losses.

If Everton had been given the same 40m Covid allowance they wouldn't have failed (plus the hit caused by the Ukrainian war as another poster mentioned) I'm sure Everton just didn't seek advice from the red shirts at the PL, the Rags influence is so strong you can bet they were back and forth asking what was the best way to fiddle the PSR, it's scandalous really.

I think the main issue here is not what the rags did it’s whether the rest of the clubs were made aware by the PL that they could also do the same? Or did they only tell the rags?

It seems pretty obvious to me that had the other clubs known they could, they would have. Why wouldn’t they?

Looks like preferential treatment to me.

Youve taken the notion too far. Even the idea of bribing anyone is fuckin stupid

Hows it go down? Turn up at PL HQ bag full of used fiftys?

Its pathetic that grown men have these thoughts full stop
I was pointing out how stupid it was that we'd bribe the IC. If the rag genuinely believes that's the avenue we'd go down then why not bribe the PL, obviously he doesn't know how to use cognitive reasoning.
Has George Graham got that bag of used fivers

Someone I was talking to put up this scenario: If we are cleared of all charges, United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs will breakaway from the PL and join a European Superleague which we will be asked by the other European Clubs involved to join. If we are found guilty then we will breakaway and form a European Superleague. The red shirt cartel will be asked to join by the other European Clubs involved to join.

Could this be a false flag war to enable this European Superleague to finally happen. Money talks and this could be the perfect excuse for Clubs breaking away from their respective league.
Whilst the theory is interesting. Do you think perhaps the red cartel will push to reform the Premier League? Not as drastic as to what happened back in 1992, when we saw the creation of the Premier League.
When we do come out of this and clear our name, the cartel will want action of some sort. These clubs are more powerful and influential now than when they were back in 1992, by which I mean financially and with their global reach with social media.
As far as I'm aware the FA are yet to comment on anything to do with us (which I understand as they are the governing body and need to remain impartial) but again once we have cleared our name, they may need to step in and do something with the Premier League.
After all the Premier League will be at it's weakest. Investors, sponsors, broadcasters etc. will want answers and heads will roll.
It's all a big game of chess with everyone and when this goes our way I just have this gut feeling it'll be a win win for not just us as fans and a club but for a lot of others too.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.